Why did Lindon take the dances I purchased from the original vendor? Give them, or my money back!

Absalon OHare

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought some quite expensive dances, single and couples from the original vendor(s).  I had to go away for a couple of months, and when I come back, they are gone!  Just the damn notcard in the empty directory.

I want them back, or the $1000's of Lindons I spent on them.

3 answers to this question

Did the notecard say something about the dance being removed because of a DCMA complaint?  That's the usual reason for the Lindens to remove things from your folder.  If so, they don't have any choice.  Someone has filed a complaint that the vendor you bought the dances from copied them illegally. When a valid DMCA notification is received, U.S. law requires the service provider (LL in this case) to respond by taking down the offending content.  Unfortunately, the same thing happens in RL.  If you receive stolen goods, even unknowingly, you don't get compensated if the cops seize them. 

There could be a few explanations.

You may need to manually clear your cache and relog to try and retrieve them. Sure someone will give you the steps here.

OR

If they are no copy you may have rezzed them and forgotten you did? (search around your property or use object search if you have it in a viewer)

If they are no copy you may have moved them in your inventory? (search your inventory for animations and if you know the names even easier)

If they were COPY items (or even no copy and the above choices didn't apply) and are gone from your inventory they may be part of an ongoing DMCA ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act ) investigation. If that is it, they will possibly be returned when it is completed depending on the outcome.

If none of those apply, you may have just lost things when they redid the database. I lost several thousand items then that were really gone. Sorry.

If they were copy items you might contact the seller if you happen to have your transaction history. This late though, it isn't all that likely they will replace. Sometimes it is good to check in more often :D.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.