Amount of data SL uses

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was wondering if anyone had any rough statistics of the amount of data SL downloads?

For example I mainly visit the same region which is close to its 15,000 prim limit with a high level of detail. I also have the draw distance set to max and streaming media turned on (there is streaming media within this region). I do visit other areas, but this would be the main one.

For a Internet connection where the data usage is set at 15GB per month, would I ever hit this limit? How many hours would it take to hit this limit?

Jonty Bluebird wrote:

I was wondering if anyone had any rough statistics of the amount of data SL downloads?

For example I mainly visit the same region which is close to its 15,000 prim limit with a high level of detail. I also have the draw distance set to max and streaming media turned on (there is streaming media within this region). I do visit other areas, but this would be the main one.

For a Internet connection where the data usage is set at 15GB per month, would I ever hit this limit? How many hours would it take to hit this limit?

well i think if you keep going there that the textures are cached already so unless you clean your cache you wouldn't be downloading them again..

the streaming is not from sl actually..it's just connecting you to a stream on the net someplace..thats probably your biggest download..

draw distance just lets you rezz more ..but if it's cached  then it wouldn't be downloading those..

i don't know how far 15 gig's would get you..but i don't think you would be hitting that much  in a month just from sl..

it's a good question..

there was a thread about this awhile back..but i can't remember if it was in the forums before these or in these forums that went over all this before..

so someone should show up with some good answers about if you will cap out or not ..

i wish i could remember myself..

After clearing my cache and spending 1 hour in the region in question (it is my own region and I was the only avatar in there at the time), I had used about 200mb of data.

This does seem a little high to me. I know the first visit will be higher and less will bne used next time has a cache gets built up.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4657 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.