Prim feet with highlight and sheen

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I got a new skin, in light Ebony. This skin har highlights down the leg. 

The problem is when I wear a shoe with prim foot, and the prim foot is one solid color. There are some who has a more realistic foot than others. I could wear light skins with their shoes, it was not noticeable. But with darker skins, the difference is really big.

I have seen some shoes with built in tattoos on the prim feet, that you can turn on and off. Why not offer highlights on and off? And freckles.

The photo under is photoshopped, I used Dodge and Burn to give the prim feet a bit more shine. But seriously, it must be someone who makes prim shoes with some highlights in the feet?

shoes.jpg 

You can only turn off shaders (aka highlights) on objects and not your avatar mesh.  However, if you do Highlights to match the shaders of your avi, this will change as you turn from the light source.

This would then mean that parts of your shoes will always be on your shaded side and will not appear the same.  You have 1/2 in shade and the other 1/2 in light with your avi. The best you can do on your shoes is turn on or off "Full Bright".  It doesn't really fix much but that's all you can do at present since the light angles wont be the same so you wont have exact color matches on all sides.

You can also change how the shaders look by using lighting.  Set up a couple of cubes, make them lights and move them around to get the affect you want. I have found backlighting with the environmental lighting from behind while adding local lighting in the front works best.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.