My computer has been locked out of Second Life. Customer service found no problems.

Doctor Haiku

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My computer has been locked out of Second Life. I have spoken to a live customer service representative over the phone and he could find no issue with my account that would warrant such an action. Furthermore this happened several months ago, and I have only been able to continue using Second Life due to the third party client viewer "Imprudence". I have filed tickets to LL support but nothing has come of them. I have been a resident of SL for over 2 years and have had nothing happen to me.

I am at the end of my rope. I have tried MAC address spoofers, other client viewers, basically everything short of a new laptop. If I can't find a solution to this problem before November, then I will no longer be able to play Second Life.

Around November 2011, LL is going to start blocking access to the grid by all viewers based off of Second Life viewer 1. I have tried using the Impudence viewer based off of Viewer 2, but I still recieve the same error message, "Login Failed. Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer. If you feel this is an error, please contact support@secondlife.com".

If anyone out there has a solution, i would greatly appreciate it!

2 answers to this question

That is absolutely a support issue and I am very suprised that they are sending you away without fixing it.

It is very possible that you have done nothing wrong to get blocked, especially if you didn`t get an email. It is becoming almost common for people to get blocked by accident & in every case it needs LL to unblock it, so to just tell you what you already know and not unblock your computer is pretty lame.

If you are a premium member, get back onto LiveChat and demand that they do something about it, you are paying for support, so its not like they are doing you a favour.

I am curious, because using Imprudence is not a way to get around bans. So if you can log into Second Life with Imprudence or another third party viewer, you are not banned. Viewer 1 is not a way to bypass bans, IMHO.

Have you tried Firestorm? It is Viewer 2 based. I have not used Imprudence, either viewer 1 or viewer 2 version.

I have had problems with newer versions of Viewer 2 not recognizing my graphic card. Firestorm let me log in just fine. And run ultra and shadows too.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.