I can no longer log in to Second Life.

BellaCalabria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am a Newbie. Things were going fine for a couple weeks. But now when I click on the Second Life Viewer2 icon on my desktop this happens:

Detecting hardware.

Initializing Texture Cache

Initializing VFS

Then a new window pops up called Second Life Crash Logger which says

Gathering hardware information

Sending to server try 1

Then the Second Life icon flashes briefly on my task bar and disappears. Thats it.

I have not been banned. I checked for tickets there were none.

Thots?

Editing in additional information as Second Life will not allow me to post an answer to my own question. I have completed the instructions suggested in the answer below. I have no difficulty deleting the files in both the Second Life and Local/Second Life folders. However, this only allows me to log in once. The next time I try to log in the problem presents itself again. I have to delete the files before each and every time I login. Furthermore, this logs me into BASIC mode and I am stuck there. For that reason I do not see this as a solution to the problem.

4 answers to this question

Try clearing your cache manually, go to:

(XP) - C: - Documents and Settings - (USER NAME) - AppData - SecondLife
(Vista) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Local - SecondLife
(Win 7) - C: - Users - (USER NAME) - AppData - Roaming - SecondLife and Local - SecondLife

Rename the folder Secondlife2 and then restart your computer.

NOTE: You may need to go to Windows Tools > Folder Options > View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders, in order to see AppData folder.

After your reboot, change your start location on login to Smith and when you get in just stay there under the water until your inventory has fully reloaded. You can open your inventory and type in the inventory search bar to prompt loading, but do not do anything else until it is done.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.