Forums Feedback

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The Honorary Rank thread in this General Discussion forum was moved to the Forums > People Forum > Forum Feedback subforum, but that subforum isn't visible. I know it exists because the link in the "moved" post goes to it. So why was a thread moved to a subforum that nobody can see?

In addition to what Nyll said, there is also an ongoing discussion about making the feedback more visible again, but in a way that it does not attract every single post and question, as it did with the last 2 attempts at naming it & trying to make it clear what it is for. Because the mods end up having to move almost every thread out of there.

Suggestions for a way to do that are still welcome, because no conclusion has been reached yet. :)

I did not see the category until yesterday. I flagged the thread as miscategorized and requested that it be moved. I have some additional replies to respond to on the thread and I have enjoyed the enlightening discourse with fellow Residents.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Posts to Forums Feedback show up in the recently created threads list.  That gives them some visibility.   As you pointed out moving posts to the appropriate forum also gives some visibility because people follow the moved thread.   So now you know where the forum is too.   It's a win-win in this example.

It's not a perfect system.  I think it's really causing minor problems though.   Before there were numerous posts daily should have been moved out of Forums Feedback.   Now there are occasional posts in other spots that should be moved there.  Less work for the moderators.  Even less if people who already do know where it lives posted there instead of playing games by intentionally mis-posting.

People who have an issue to raise in the area of Forums Feedback who truely don't know the forum exists will post anyway - maybe in General Discussion.   Then if the post gets moved by those who know where it should be it's not a problem it's part of the solution.

I agree, moving one thread into feedback occasionally is far better than moving 20 out of there every other day. Being moved into there also insures that it stays on the Lindens radar until it is addressed, so it really doesn`t hurt if it started its life on the GD forum (or elsewhere) and gained lots of points of view before being moved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.