how to post a Griefing and abuse

gothmobster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was in  a sand box to night and there was 3 kids I thing they was and way one of them put some thing on me to stop me from moving and they did shoot at me , but I go there to try and biuld stuff that is to big for my liitle place of 512m and soon as i get there they hit all this stuff on me and I am not the only one they are doing this to.

I got the names from a combat hud I have on my avatar and it show the name of the person thet shoot or hit and even bumps me and they are ((   Zshadow64,  Tony Hilfiger and xXExtacyXx dont wont  people banned I just like to do dtuff in the sand box and not keep getting bugged all the time so place help if you can

thanks you for your time GothMobster

2 answers to this question

Valerie provided you with a good link as far as abuse reporting goes.  If you use public sandboxes, you will need that info.  Most sandboxes will get a visit from griefers sooner or later.  By all means, report them.  It's the only real recourse you have and sooner or later, if enough complaints get filed, LL will eventually deal with the griefer.  Problem is that it is far too easy to make free, anonymous accounts here and some folks have a hobby out of dealing grief here.  Some have raised it to almost an artform.

I would advise against "shooting back" at them especially if they are running in packs like that.  It is a known trick for griefers to draw someone else into a TOS violation (claiming self defense won't cut it) and then file abuse reports on their victim.  Remember there are several of them so they can file multiple reports...

The best thing to do when a sandbox gets infested with griefers is to simply file the AR and move on to another sandbox.  There are many many sandboxes in SL.  Find several that you like and if one has a griefer problem, move on to the next one for your building happiness.  Look around for a few nice ones.

If you are just building and do not require the use of scripts in your project, many sandboxes have scripts disabled.  This prevents griefers from using most of their tools.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.