Creating a group

MariahWhispers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The group also needs to have at least three members. Groups with less members will be abandoned after a few days and the money will not be refunded. If you want to start a group for yourself only, better create two alt accounts and invite them to the group.

Edited to add: Btw, I'm not sure if the General Discussion forum is the best place for this kind of question. If you post questions in the Answers section, you might get more and faster replies :)

"Two alts is good insurance tho in case u have alt drama n one bails on you."

- Yeah, my alts are always having some kind of drama between them.  Right now they're not talking to each other, but one might get upset when she learns I've given the other one greater group rights.  My roommate's alt was telling people that her main is a selfish pig in RL.

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Did LL change that? I vaguely remember something about a minimum of three people. I haven't created any groups for a while, but I'm pretty sure that I always invited two alts into the groups that I founded back in days of yore. Not that this means much though, my memory is not what it used to be
:)

Hi, your memory is fine on this one, it really was three until a few years ago. :)

Here is the Knowledge Base on creating and disbanding groups:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Creating-and-disbanding-groups/ta-p/700053

Key points relative to this discussion:

"Creating a group is simple to do. Keep in mind, though:

• Group creation costs L$100.
  • A group must maintain at least 2 members.
  • Any group that has less than 2 people for 48 hours is automatically disbanded."

• Like 1

Erwin Solo wrote:

Here is the Knowledge Base on creating and disbanding groups:

Key points relative to this discussion:

"Creating a group is simple to do. Keep in mind, though:
  • Group creation costs L$100.
  • A group must maintain at least 2 members.
  • Any group that has less than 2 people for 48 hours is automatically disbanded."

That's I said in first place.

I'm a founder of dozens groups and at least I'm equal valid as the knowledge base

P.S. In the "creating group issue" heh? not all the knowledge base LOL

• 1 month later...

Hallo, I have something else, maybe someone can help me out.

For a couple years back I had my own group.

Since I didn't know that the group would be automatic deleted when there was just 1 member, I lost it.

The group name never was used anymore since at least 2 years now.

If I want to create a new group with that name it keeps saying that name is still in use.

It was a very unique name.

How can I get my own group back?

Thanks all.

Riko Kondor wrote:

Since I didn't know that the group would be automatic deleted when there was just 1 member, I lost it.

If I want to create a new group with that name it keeps saying that name is still in use.

Thanks all.

You will have to make a slight adjustment to the group name, which can usually be done by adding removing some minor detail or words such as "The _____ Group".

Riko Kondor wrote:

Thanks all.

Another quote of the KB http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Creating-and-disbanding-groups/ta-p/700053#Is_it_possible_to_get_a_disbanded_group_back.3F (see also http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Creating_and_working_with_groups#Why_can.27t_I_create_a_group_with_the_same_name_as_a_disbanded_group.3F )

Disbanding or deleting groups

While there's no explicit mechanism for simply killing a group while it has members, a group owner can still disband a group by kicking everyone else out, making sure nobody new can join the group, and (optionally) leaving it himself. After 48 hours with a membership total of one or zero, the group is disbanded automatically.

32px-KBnote.png Note: Please note that groups that once been disbanded can't be recreated.

Is it possible to get a disbanded group back?

Unfortunately, we cannot resurrect a group for you if you allow it to disband. You're free to create a new group, but the new group cannot use the exact same name as the dissolved group.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4609 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.