Looking for friends that like:

MariahWhispers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to be friends who are interested in toy poodles in real life, photography, games and those just wanting someone to hand around with on second life or chat with.  I have a lot more interests too, but at the moment cannot think of what I want to list, so if you are interested or if you have a group that you think I may like please reply. 

I would also like to learn to build things or create.  I am just a beginner.

I will resend,

but speaking of friends I suggest you to join in some active groups (not  "sleepy" ones LOL) with events that you like, for example a Dance Club with music you prefer or RL activities you like e.t.c. There you can find ppl who might interested to be friends with you.

No it isn't appropiate for making a conversation in a forum thread. Forums are for other reason.

But,

do I look like any kind of Vampire to you? or "Factory of Fun" indicates something weird to you?

For over 3 years now I'm creating (among others) all kind of funny and party things :)

The problem is Mariah, frankly, you have already displayed a tendency to shoot yourself in the foot.

One of your first forum posts concerned problems with your starter avatar. I duly contacted you inworld via an IM, and offered to help you and provide you with some freebie - but very good -  hair, skins and outfits to get you of to a flying start.  I found a suitable quiet place where things could be rezzed and tp'd you to me.  Where promptly, you mumbled something into your shoes about 'not wanting to do this now' and disappeared, without so much as a thanks or whatever.

I suspect the reason you did this was because at the time, I was wearing a red demoness skin, which whilst I consider fantastic, you perhaps found intimidating. Also, possibly, you read my profile, groups and picks none of which are available to RL denizens, judged me as adeviant worthy only for the stake, and you bolted.

You will find - if you have not already done so - that there are a wide variety of avatars on SL, not all of them human or drssed like insurance salesmen.  This is not RL, and people can change species and age and even gender with a mere thought.  

But, that does not mean any avatar that takes the time to offer you help in SL and looks like a furry or vampire or demon is inherently wicked.  

It is far easier to help someone inworld than by paragraphs of text in a forum. Next time somone offers to spare some of their SL time to help, do not judge them without knowing a little of SL, and try and appreciate their offer.

Kasya Sciavo wrote:

The problem is Mariah, frankly, you have already displayed a tendency to shoot yourself in the foot.

One of your first forum posts concerned problems with your starter avatar. I duly contacted you inworld via an IM, and offered to help you and provide you with some freebie - but very good -  hair, skins and outfits to get you of to a flying start.  I found a suitable quiet place where things could be rezzed and tp'd you to me.  Where promptly, you mumbled something into your shoes about 'not wanting to do this now' and disappeared, without so much as a thanks or whatever.

I suspect the reason you did this was because at the time, I was wearing a red demoness skin, which whilst I consider fantastic, you perhaps found intimidating. Also, possibly, you read my profile, groups and picks none of which are available to RL denizens, judged me as adeviant worthy only for the stake, and you bolted.

You will find - if you have not already done so - that there are a wide variety of avatars on SL, not all of them human or drssed like insurance salesmen.  This is not RL, and people can change species and age and even gender with a mere thought.  

But, that does not mean any avatar that takes the time to offer you help in SL and looks like a furry or vampire or demon is inherently wicked.  

It is far easier to help someone inworld than by paragraphs of text in a forum. Next time somone offers to spare some of their SL time to help, do not judge them without knowing a little of SL, and try and appreciate their offer.

I did almost the same, with the difference I'm not in a furry or any other kind of costume (not that I don't like 'em), But she didn't answer me either :)

Mariah :D we are here to help and to make friends, not to scare ppl

If someone IM'ing to you that doesn't mean he wants to drink your blood LOL

Hi Mariah,

I hope you were able to get the help you needed and that you do find friends who have similar interests as yours.  SL can feel like a very big place and is much more fun when shared with others.

It was pretty gracious for Smoothie and Kasya to reach out to help you, I'd have been so grateful if someone had done that for me when I first joined.  My partner and I ran around aimlessly our first few weeks of being in SL, not knowing where to change, and bumbling along trying to figure things out on our own. As time has gone on, our experience has been that there are far more people interested in being helpful and kind than are out to create problems in SL.

You'll come across people who's profiles make it apparent that their interests are very different from yours, and some will include things that you're not comfortable with. That doesn't mean that those topics of interest will ever come up between you and that person. It's highly unlikely that they'd ask if you if you want to join them in a  (insert activity you find objectionable here) any more than you'd ask them to accompany you to a dog show.  

Help may come in the form of what you may consider unappealing sources. That doesn't mean the help is any less valuable, the heart behind is it any less worthy of being treated with respect, or at the very least common courtesty. 

It's not a bad thing to be mindful, but really there's no need to be fearful on your journey in SL. 

• 2 weeks later...

MariahWhispers wrote:

I would like to be friends who are interested in toy poodles in real life, photography, games and those just wanting someone to hand around with on second life or chat with.  I have a lot more interests too, but at the moment cannot think of what I want to list, so if you are interested or if you have a group that you think I may like please reply. 

I would also like to learn to build things or create.  I am just a beginner.

Hi Mariah!  I am a building teacher.  I currently teach at Help People Island.  I teach a intermediate class, and a basic class.  Intermediate class begins at 7AM SLT and basic class starts at 9AM SLT.  Look me up In world and lets see if we can get you started in creating things okay?  Far out!

Peace!

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.