is it a violation to have someones alts listed on the front of your profile?

Mandi Vendetta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

is it a violation to have a list of a someone's alts on the front of your profile, when he has harrassed you? i cant find it or maybe im overlooking it in the TOS.. could u please message me back.. cause i have them listed on the front of my profile and i do not want to violate the TOS...not sure if i picked the correct title for posting this question either, ive never had this problem before..

Mandi Vendetta

5 answers to this question

Yep, it's a violation of community standard.  https://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php

• Disclosure

Residents are entitled to a reasonable level of privacy with regard to their Second Life experience. Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed. Remotely monitoring conversations in Second Life, posting conversation logs, or sharing conversation logs without the participants' consent are all prohibited.

• Like 1

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Mandi. What a superbly appropriate surname you appear to have if you are setting out to name and shame someone by listing them and their alts on your profile.

As others have said, it is indeed against ToS.

It is also very childish. If you have a complaint about someone who has harrassed you, can you not just simply break off any communication with them - ie IGNORE THEM.  The beauty of Second Life as opposed to real life is that it is far easier to cut someone out of your life by simply clicking the mute/block button and pretending they never existed. 

Find something more useful and positive - about the wonderful person that is YOU - to fill your profile up with.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.