PJ500

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm practically new in making avatars, so I have a conundrum. I was making an avatar head made only by prims. At first, I was doing pretty well, next, putting color is no problem. But, when I put a texture on the prims, things don't seem what I want it to be. The structure looks out of whack.

So, my question is, is there a way to fix this problem, so things may seem right as they should?

You just need to rearrange the prims.  It looks like one side is more forward than the other.  Use your camera controls to move around the build so you see it from all angles.  Look at it from the top to align contralateral structures parallel to each other, etc.

It looks like there should be another sphere on the left side of your head where the cheek is. Was there a sphere there and it moved or disappeared? If prims are moving on you while building, it's usually because of lag. Sometimes, when you are resizing a prim it will revert to it's previous size or if you move a prim it will snap back to it's old location.

If that starts happening you can either build really carefully and re-do your building steps until the prims stop reverting back or you can move to a different part of the sandbox or move to an entirely different sandbox.

For texturing, you need to look at how the square texture wraps over a  sphere and adjust your texture. You can go to the texture tab of the building window and play with the settings there like the repeats. You may also need to rotate the spheres on your face so that only certain parts of the textures show.

The best way to work on a complex attachment like this would be to either:

1. Rez it on the ground next to you (or in a sky based building platform for privacy and lower lag while working) and edit it there. That way you can camera all around it, move around it, and so on - and get all the numbers just right.

2. Get a pose stand that freezes you in place, even your head - and edit it while wearing it. Same basic reasons as above, except that this lets you work on something that takes up more prims than the area you're in allows.

If you get errors via running out prims and such - go to a quieter sandbox where there's likely to be thousands of prims available (search them out inworld, or ask around with people that you know who use sandboxes).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.