Can't stop Avatar Character Test in Beta Viewer! HELP!!!

betsybb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI!

I started an avatar character test because my feet were disappearing beneath the ground, and 5 hours later........ it's still running, but now it looks like it's simply commenting on everything that is happening second by second on my screen; i.e., IM from Mary arrived, etc.   I have the console turned on, so I can see what it's actually doing.  The lag is so horrid that I can hardly turn around or take a step.  I deleted the Beta Viewer, downloaded another copy, installed that and deleted my cache, restarted my computer, and when I logged back in - the thing is still running!!!!  I know I can switch to another viewer, but I want to stay with the Beta, and there must be an answer on how to turn this function off!

Can anybody help me with this?  It should be something actually quite simple like typing /stop in the correct place.  But I don't know where that place is! 

Thank you so much for listening to my problem.  I hope someone out there has the answer for me!!   

::::::Eyes bugged out from looking at a computer screen for hours::::::::

Betsy

The avatar character test (Develop-Avatar-Character Tests-Test Female) is not a timed test.  It changes your avatar to a base avatar.  The purpose is to correct problems with things like bad skins or shapes.  Once you have changed to a test character, you need to change back to yourself manually by re-wearing your skin, shape etc.

And turn off that console!  All it does is tell you in English what the viewer is doing graphically.  No reason to use it in your particular case.

--Cinn

Hi Cinn!

Thanks so much for your help.  I've turned off the console, and restarted everything.  But now, my lag still continues.  It takes me so long just to walk across a room that it's not worth it to sign on!  And I've done all the usual, cleaned the cache, reinstalled the app, and even over that, got tips on how to set your settings to help with lag.  I'm throwing out tons of inventory and cleaning up, so I don't get it.....  Big brand new computer, etc etc...

Have any ideas?  Thanks again so much.  :)

Bubble aka Betsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.