Scripts suddenly misbehaving, any relation to recent rollbacks?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm experiencing problems where a number of scripted items are suddenly behaving unexpectedly and incorrectly. I have tried multiple resets and replacing items completely but without success of eliminating the issues. My land is currently located in a LeTigre region. It's as if the scripts are freezing or silently resetting. A example being a visitor counter not tracking all guests to my land after first being rezzed or reset, or a second example is a voting station that's only supposed to allow votes per individual resident every 24 hours but is accepting them again after half an hour as if the script had been reset. These issues do not fall around any region restarts on the LeTigre server channel nor are do they happen during asset server issues. I'm currently attempting to replicate these occurences on other server channels. Is anyone else experiencing sudden unexpected script behavior? And is it possible for an actual script to "freeze" or silently "reset"?

Also if a scripted item is over 4 years old and worked fine back then, would that be responsible for some glitches with its scripting?

This is a tricky one.  I'm not really sure what is going on, but Yes, several scripted items have exhibited what I'd call aberrant behaviour in the past 24 hours.

Two of the items animate my avatar, so whether that is a factor I don't know, but I now seem to be playing an animation that I've never seen before when I press <enter> for chat.  Not the "Typing" animation, which plays as one types, but one specifically as I hit <enter>.  Despite going through my (extensive) list of gestures and animations I cannot find it.  It's almost a "thumbing nose" animation, but I don't have one!!  Clearing cache made no difference.

Last night my Amethyst Collar simply stopped working, neither I nor my partner could get a menu,  but I could see the collar in invisibles, it was still Locked, and in edit, prior to a relog, its name had vanished!  After the relog all seemed normal.

Another item, a Posture collar, had been unlocked ang removed earlier, but the "head Up" animation persisted, even though I used the "stop animating my avatar" routine.  I had to wear the collar, reset the pose and remove it to stop the animation.

So all in all something screwwy is happening, but I do not know what is causing it.  Whether this has anything to do with the "permissions" issue referred to in another thread here, I don't know either, but I'd be willing to bet it is linked in some way.

Yes, the changes in Le Tigre are the likely cause.

If you want a better idea of what is going on visit my blog, link in signature. In the menu is the item The Stuff and a sub item SL Server Related. You can read through to get an idea if what is happening and which JIRA's you may want to Watch.

Aside: Voting is depreciated. To influence the importance of a JIRA in Linden eyes select Watch or Vote.

The Lindens try to avoid breaking content. Recent changes have created problems and some content has broken. They are working to get that corrected. There is no reason a 4 year old script should fail. There are some functions that have been depreciated. But I don't know of any that have been disabled. So, with any luck they will start working correctly at some point.

Also, there has been a lot of region restarting lately.

• 2 weeks later...

Im having this exact same issue with MLP furniture which suddenly refuses to rez poseballs, resetting the scripts (thus memory stored for same) makes it work again, then suddenly half an hour later...same issue again.

My region are Pinola Vale which are indeed Le Tigre.

And no, its not amusing that im running a skybox business (*sobs with a ton of tenants complaining*)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.