LINDEN GONE! Stolen money!

Kseniya Cadell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

WARNING FOR ALL !

Today at 10:26  SLT i was on SIM name : xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and i get gift, i though its a gift from store where i was cause it was saying (in pop up menu) - "aGiftForYou".  So I accept  it was : CONGRATULATION !!! YOU WIN !!! owned by aGiftForYou Resident gave you 'Zyngo' .
After that i went to my home spot and my land - Tierra Prometida and i rezzed that OBJECT. Same as my vendors give the pop up menu "do you allow this object to take your money...etc" i press allow cause i was sure that was a gift for me. But one part of my money went to person that send me same object. And same moment i lost 40.000L$

Same moment i click edit and find  creator name - xxxxxxxxxxxxx
After taking all my money object dissap.
I am owner of land Tierra Prometida and owner of SL business  company name : ` ~  A BABY ADOPT CENTER - Kseniya Cadell  ~ `

I  hope that noone will be tricked like this again.

Creator of object is ..xxxxxxxxxxx........
Person that money went to is aGiftForYou Resident

Thanks in advanced for your help and support
 Kseniya Cadell

I submmited raport to LL.

you need to delete the name from your post for starters secondly LL doesn't get involved with resident to resident disputes you will be lucky if the resident the money went to gives you the money back lastly for future reference if you do accept an un-scolicited 'gift' that wasn't from the store owner/creator/friend and it asks for debit perms don't accept 

I hate to say it, but you have been scammed by one of the oldest con games in SL.  When a big yellow box pops up on your screen and says "do you allow this object to take your money?", the correct answer is NO, unless you understand exactly what you are doing. There's very little you can do to get your money back, unfortunately.  There's certainly nothing that anyone here in this resident forum can do.  You have done the right thing by filing an Abuse Report.  LL takes these things seriously and will do what they can.  Much of the time, though, the bandits who run scams like this register as one-day accounts, steal your money, cash out, and vanish before LL can do anything.  I sympathize deeply with your problem.  We hear from a few people each month who have been scammed like this -- often non-native English speakers who are confused by the yellow box question -- and it's always painful.  

Hi dear, thanks for your advice.

I think the name should not be deleted. These things should not happen in SL. names of those who are somehow involved in the fraud, must be known to everyone. Maybe someone will save self if  know the names of fraud...This is a crime ... such scripc not allowed ... gift to bring pleasure, not danger. It is my opinion, it should function correctly world. No one shall be afraid of gifts!!!!!!

I agree with your sentiment.  The reason for deleting the names, though, is to protect yourself. Community Guidelines specify,"If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages."  Naming the other person can be interpreted as making this a personal dispute instead of, for example, a general warning not to click on things that want to take your money.  That's all Clairschen was warning you about.  

you're wrong. I am the creator in SL .. I have my vendors to distributors. When you activate the script for the vendor, the  just pops up a yellow window .. I must say: grant ...thus activate the vendor. Script with yellow window is the working script for our producers!

llRequestPermissions([PERMISSION_DEBIT]) always opens a large permissions box to ask for permission to debit your account.  It is used in scripted vendors that let a merchant offer refunds or make change, thus debiting the merchant's account. (Personally, I will not write a vendor script that does that because I cannot see any good reason to offer refunds or change at the point of sale.)  It is also used in many other objects that have to give out L$, like prize boards in clubs. The only other ways to get L$ from a resident are to use the pay or buy option, both of which also open a dialog box that require the user to click and approve transfer of funds.  It is easy to confuse people into clicking one of those buttons, and it's a nasty thing to do.  Unless you actually click and approve, though, the scripted object cannot take your money.

Rolig Loon wrote:

I hate to say it, but you have been scammed by one of the oldest con games in SL.  When a big yellow box pops up on your screen and says "do you allow this object to take your money?", the correct answer is
NO
, unless you understand exactly what you are doing. There's very little you can do to get your money back, unfortunately.  There's certainly nothing that anyone here in this resident forum can do.  You have done the right thing by filing an Abuse Report.  LL takes these things seriously and will do what they can.  Much of the time, though, the bandits who run scams like this register as one-day accounts, steal your money, cash out, and vanish before LL can do anything.  I sympathize deeply with your problem.  We hear from a few people each month who have been scammed like this -- often non-native English speakers who are confused by the yellow box question -- and it's always painful.  

A 1 day turn around time for processing cash out transactions on the Linden Exchange is unheard of so unlikely that they are just 1 day accounts or that they can just vanish without LL being able to do anything. With that said the chances of LL actually doing something about the issue is slim to none unless the scammer has stolen from 1000's of other users whom also decided to report the issue.

Yeah, you're right about how hard it would be to get a payout in one day, so don't take me too literally.  Thing is, in the time that it takes most people to react and report a scam, and the time that it takes LL to respond, any half-bright bandit can shuffle the L$ around among a few alts, process a payout, and be gone.  I think you and I agree that small-time crooks like this aren't likely to get caught.  Sad.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.