Is anyone else having a mod rights, invisible, and map rights bug?

Soa Bellios

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok this is really frustrating for me because it's bad for my business as an avatar modder/texture artist. I can't give anyone permission to mod my objects in world, because if I check that box and then go to click on that persons name on my friends list, I can't do it, and it keeps prompting me to give them mod rights. If I check the invisible box or the map rights box, I can no longer click on their name from my friends list and IM them. And if I relog, everything goes back to the way it was.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I don't know how to file a support ticket, and calling linden labs was obviously a failure. I swear don't they ever keep track of anything anymore? I'm losing hope in these guys. Honestly.

9 answers to this question

Not only am I having problems with mod rights, but also no one can see that i am online...this is disturbing since I am a merchant.  It's a shame I can't even write a support ticket. I can't  change it no matter what viewer I use. no on can see me online, Map is wack also! When is SL going to fix all this. My husband thinks I'm avoiding him because he cant se me online. sigh!

Why am I being shown as a new resident when Im almost 5 years old???????????

as you can see by this blog post http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Known-issue-with-granting-revoking-permissions/td-p/975953 they are working on it. also show the jira to your husband if he still doubts you: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7104. re the online issues; try what peewee suggests with readding.

and - your forum profile is separate from your inworld profile. read about forum ranks here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/ranksroles#ranksroles

I actually just posted a similar question before I saw your post. Yes, I'm having the same issue and I have been for about 2 days. Every time I try and give out rights, the box will show checked, but then I can't click on that person's name without relogging. When I do relog, the boxes are all empty again. It's aggravating!

It is a server bug that was rolled out onto all sims with the deploys last week. It is not your account or your viewer.

It also affects all 3 of the friend permissions and if you click one to try and change it you will freeze up that person on your list because it gets stuck trying to do the first change. A relog will clear the change you tried to make & unfreeze it.

The 2 workarounds are to either login to the SL website and go to the friends web profile and make the change there, the friend will then need to relog in SL to see the change. Or, if you want the perms back to default setting, remove the friend from your list and add them again.

It is the 30th of July and I have just discovered I can't give mod rights to my alts. I can remove the rights but can't grant them back. Same behavior as you have when attempting to give. The only way to unfreeze is to relog or choose "no". I hope they fix it soon, I've been searching Jira for this complaint but can't find it there. Does Labs know about it? It looks like the bug has been there for almost a month now.

I also can't view profiles in V2. I think I have to enable to accept cookies from sites, but I have always kept this feature off. I dun like cookies from sites I don't know. Sooo, I guess I won't be using V2 to grant rights to my alts by looking up their profiles. Back to V 1.2.3. Was a nice brief visit.

Okay, cool! Not a bad move making the web based profile and chat with your friends. I can understand the bug now, lots of programming stuff going on. Nice to be able to do some tasks without logging into SL and get stuck esplaining to contacts you have to log out and just came on to do something quick! I hope you can look up peeps on your friends list in the future. I had to make my alts log in and post a dot so I could get their profiles.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.