Where is my Listing Enhancement?

Lilly Figgis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LL needs to make 1 of these threads a sticky.

Lilly, the reason you won't probably see your listing is ....... thousands of people have Home Page listing enhancements. This means there are a ton of enhanced listings for the Home Page. When there are this many listings, they get broken up into smaller groups, which are displayed. If your listing is not in that group, you will not see it. I would venture to guess that the home page has hundreds of enhanced listing groups.

As your same question has been asked dozens of times in the forums, few people understand, cause if they did, they would not buy home page enhancements. It is much better to put your listing enhancement in the category your product is in, especially if it does not have many other enhanced listings.

In other words, the more people buy listing enhancements, the less vlaue each enhancement provides to the buyer.

That is; there is a limit to the total amount of marketing value that can be provided by all listing enhancements that can be applied by LL in one day, and yet there is nothing to stop LL from continuing to sell more enhancements well after that value has been reached.

Moreover, the listing enhancment you buy does not necessarily improve the total utility of the marketplace; it mostly just makes it harder for people to see items other than yours (and that, not by much).

Well, in some categories, you can kind make this method to your own advantage. In 1 category that I display enhancements in, I have multiple listing in each group. I think I pay for 5 listing enhancements in that category and it is large enough to have a few groups. So for every group, I end up having multiple items.

What happens with the home page, is a whole other story. IMHO, there is no value at all in those. There are just too many listings in it.

And yet people are surprised they don't ever see their item on the home page.

Logically, if front page listings had a consistent value, the size of the front page would expand every time someone bought an ad there, and the physical size of the computer screen would expand to occupy a larger portion of the human field of vision. 

• 1 year later...

Gabriella Murfin wrote:

I wish I had read your post before I bought an enhancement.  L$899 and there's little likelihood that people will even see it?  Shame

Gab.....  Is your Listing Enhancement still active - i.e. is your listing enhancement still within the 7 day active or has it expired?  If it expired did you press the option that says not to auto-renew the subscription?  IF YOU DID, how long has it been since the subscription expired?

Do me a favor....  read the following thread I started about MP Listing Enhancements.... I am curious to see if your subscription is actually still alive if it did expire.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Setting-MP-Subscription-to-NO-RENEW-Deactivates/td-p/1800525

You are correct that generally the listing enhancements are a complete waste of advertising / product promotion within MP but there may be a bug that prevents MP from expiring a "DO NOT AUTO-RENEW" listing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.