Android Viewer for dual-core devices?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Jasper,

While from a processor standpoint, theese devices would have enough power to run SL, that really isn't the problem. The graphics load required I believe would be far to much for their graphics display. There are text only viewers available that You may be able to run on a windows based phone, in fact I know that some do access SL from their phone on text only apps.

Brynn

• 2 weeks later...

I really beg the differ, if anyone has experanced the graphical power of the dual core tegra tablets (much like the Galaxy 10.1 I just bought) I really think there is potential for at least a snowglobe based viewer.  There used to be a web-based Java viewer available that was axed for some reason, but that was a great display of how you can experiance SL on a limited platform. 

the web based viewer wasn't actually java based... it was cloud based (at least as a closest analogy)... all the rendering was done by intermediate computers, and the browser was just sent a stream of the video. they idea wasn't kept up because it's prohibitively expensive... it's like literally running a desktop with monster graphics for free to send pictures to a device that can't.

and while you can do that with any device, all you are getting in reality is a remote desktop.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.