It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was shopping on the Marketplace the other day and I saw this dress that I wanted. I looked up the merchant and I TP'd to her store and started searching for the dress. 20 minutes later, after looking on every wall and going up and downstairs I could not find it. So I bought it at the Marketplace. A day later I'm in my skybox and I decided to TP over to this big white square sim just to the northwest and it's the same dress store! I didn't know it was right next door...

I think that with my constant teleporting I don't really have a good physical sense of the neighborhood that I live in. It's kind of a mish-mash of residential and commercial parcels and not very easy to just walk around. In other words it's typical SL mainland. How about you? Do you know your neighborhood?

Yes actually I do. I usually try to work with my neighbors to see if we can make our places fit together nicer. Unfortunately many times people build things and I see their builds after they have been placed. Also the sims around mine have changed owners several times making it tough to keep up with. I have had a river I placed in my sim go into the next sim and all the way through it, that was a nice one but it is gone now. I tried to put a road along one border hoping others could use it too but only one guy could use it. I think it is true if we could all at least try to make things blend more mainland could be a much more amazing place to explore.

Lol, yes, i know what you mean.  I like to explore but hadn't really bothered about the sim on which i lived.  I'd been there a year before i realised the Forum Cartel was in the same location and i could fly there in a matter of seconds.  I've moved since then..  :matte-motes-big-grin:

I do, its on the Sailors Cove sims, and as such a continual island landscape.

For our Mainland-Parcel (used for 2 Skyboxes), nah, tried to walk around bit, but most of Mainland is supremely frustrating.

If i land at a Mainlands location, i do look on the map where it is though, and if its close to some other point i know.

I used to know quite a number of my neighbors, in fact became good friends with one that lived right next door. When he decided to leave SL, he sold me his land for a very nice price. Then the guy on the other side put his property up for sale and I bought it as well (kind of sadly really, because he was very hot and my friends and I used to enjoy perving him when he'd walk around his beach nekkid... lol).

Since then almost everyone I knew has left, but it's still a nice neighborhood. And the up side is that now I have a nice beach where I can walk around nekkid if I want... yay!

...Dres

I had almost the exact same thing happen recently. I was TPing around and while I was in one store (that I've been to several times before), I happened to look up at the top of the viewer and saw the location name. I walked outside of the store and looked, and sure enough, my house was next door! :smileyvery-happy:

The neighborhood where my partner and I have been living is very community oriented, which makes it easy to get to know your neighbors. A lot of folks who live there also have stores in the commercial areas and they're very friendly.  The sims are themed and are lovely for walking around and seeing what new things people are doing.  

We recently got another parcel elsewhere to have in addition, where it's not very neighborly but we feel a little more privacy and quiet.  We can also run around nekkid on the beach if we want to. ;)  Having both places creates a nice balance.  

Lately not as much as in the past.

I know some of what's in the sims I've got land in. But not all. My home sim I know best only because I stumbled into a large amount of land there quite suddenly when a neighbor moved out and set their land for sale for almost bot prices. Grabbed that and then started exploring to see if their belief that lag was too much of an issue to stay around was something I agreed with (I'm not having the lag problem they were). But the location is not social at all.

In fact none of my sims seem very social. Though one in Bay City is "social" in the larger sense that Bay City is social - the actual residents of that individual sim are not (and most of the land on my particular sim is being held by land flippers and "holding companies").

I know my neighbourhood very well, I should because I build it ;)

But yes, we have a very strong community, especially those living on the poor side of town interact with each other on a daily bases, they have to.
There is no avoiding each other, thin walled tiny apartments right on top of each other, pretty much destroys privacy.

We have lots of events and many people who pretty much spend 90% of their SL time here.

We are such a tight community that people actually behave because they are worried what their neighbours might say.

Pretty realistic, as we like it :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.