Favorite music venues

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love to listen to, dance to, and talk about music. My musical tastes are varied, I like classic jazz, electronica (mostly downtempo/trip hop kinda stuff), alternative rock, house music, blues.  In the right mood, I can enjoy just about anything. I'm always up for having my musical tastes expanded and developing an appreciation for music that I'd previously not given much thought to. 

There are a couple of places I've been that are sometimes friendly and fun, and I've been to others where the people weren't very friendly, they were probably busy with IMs or other things and the energy seemed pretty flat.   

I'm still on the hunt for some fun music venues and I'd love to hear what some of your favorites are. 

Big Daddy's is pretty great, but it's always packed.  However, on the packed side even tho laggy, there is always some fun to be found there almost any time of the day, as we are all in different time zones.

Also, the Rock is usually packed too and always full of fun.  You could always drop by those two for some fun, mingling, dancing, and I heard some great "Queen" songs played today at The Rock.  Hardly ever hear Queen on SL, and it was great! 

There is a jazz club that is very cool.  They played the whole soundtrack to "Chicago" for one of their shows and I had so much fun, but unfortunately I can't remember the name?  I'll have to look in my inventory to see if I have a lm, but I might have been teleported there and forgot to take a lm, so if I find it I'll post it here; if I don't post it back here, then I forgot to take a landmark.  I'd like to go back there too, if I could just remember the name. 

ETA:  Don't worry if it's in the wrong place because I have no idea of what type of music topics they want here either?  lol 

However, someone will move if need be. 

Thanks kryptic, I'll check out the places you mentioned. I think my partner might really enjoy them as well, his tastes run more to the metal/industrial/goth side of things. 

Mayalily thanks for the suggestions!  If you come across the jazz place you mentioned at some point, I'd love to know what it was.  Feel free to shoot me an IM or LM inworld if you want to. :)    

Another place you might like to try is Acoustic Meadow. I was there tonight. It's a lovely outdoor setting, the lag wasn't too bad, better than most music places I go and the music was superb. I'm into acoustic guitar, indie rock, prog rock, some experimental and blues so I generally go to places that play that kind of music.

Which dude?  Me dude or another dude?  Probably another dude since I'm the asker and not the sharer in this thread. :P  

Alazarin I listened to your music - definitely interplanetary! :)  I thought you'd shared the links here but then realized I'd seen them in your profile. (your name makes me think if crimson pigment even though it's spelled differently)

And Jo Jo, thanks!  I'll definitely check out that venue!  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4627 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.