March of the Meeroo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

meeroo.jpg

Meeroos - No doubt by now you have run into these breedable pets one way or another. The other day, in fact, i was ambushed by these half-fox, half-kangaroo creatures when i was off trying to get a new haircut.

I went to ChiChi of New York and found myself in the middle of an entire field of them. I managed to find where the store had moved to, but it was a big surprise.

I remain on the fence when it comes to these. They are a lot prettier to look at than a factory sim covered in creepy lines of plastic amaretto horses (just go to Cody region to see one of those horrors). Also the friends i have who keep meeroos seem fairly sensible with it and actually have some emotional bond to the animals. They are well done, but still rely on the scheme of "pay for food" animal rent, not to mention a costly starter package.

I`m interested to know how the march of the meeroo is affecting your second life, for good or ill. Also is there a new breedable on the horizon that is destined to one day replace them? What will the next big thing be?

Well I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and haven't hidden the fact that I got some roos. I was curious. Why not. 

It's my first experience with Second Life breedables. It's been...interesting. It's a hobby. It's something to talk about with other breeder/raisers of Roos. It's a social game in a way too. Fellowships, gaining points for petting other people's Roos.

Of course there are already flippers and gamers gaming the system which makes it blechy in some ways. But that's true of anything isn't it?

All I know is they are like a virtual fish bowl for me and that's good. Anything that lowers stress has to be good, right? If you get some just don't get out of hand with it or out of pocket. Budget it for entertainment/hobby and enjoy it.

I don't mind if people joke about eating them, shooting them from a cannon etc. I know it's silly and I know it's virtual.

It's just that their effect isn't. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.