Why did i lose a few of my items when LL did a restart on my land?

Draggon Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

At 11am (sl time) on the 13th july i rezzed a skybox, a slave pole, a blue dreams bed, a 4 prim love rug and a few other items. Everything was fine up until LL's did a restart on my land at 11.15am.(sl time) When i got back to my land at 11.25am (sl time) i found my skybox had dissappeared and a few of my old items i left up from the old skybox was there instead.  I don't know what happened but i have lost nearly 5000L$ worth of stuff and i want to know how and why and if i will get them back.

Draggon Crystal

3 answers to this question

Your items may have been returned to you due to restart. In your inventory, lost and found folder, search for coalescent objects (it looks like a rubik cube). One of the cubes maybe content your items and it may have any name such as 'object' or the name of the last item that was returned to you.

To unpack these cubes, you have to stand on your land (or a sandbox), click edit terrain then drag the cube to the ground. All the objects contained in it will rezz in the same position as you left them. You will have to pick them up one by one and put them back in your inventory.

If it doesn't work or if you don't have any coalescent cube in your inventory, then do what Ansariel said.

It sounds like... instead of a simple sim restart, there was a rollback... in which case your items are gone forever.

When we perform a rollback, we set the estate back to the exact state it was in when the backup was made. All changes — everything that has happened between the moment the save happened and now — are lost, undone or reset. ...

• Objects placed (rezzed) inworld after the backup are lost. No-copy objects are lost for good.
  • Conversely, no-copy objects rezzed at the time of the backup but subsequently taken back into your Inventory reappear where they were.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-Private-Regions/ta-p/700115#Section_.7.4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.