SecondLife for Nintendo Wii

kswilson99

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Something I was trying to search for is to see if it would be possible to download a viewer or get a disk that lets you play SL on the Wii.  I only have one computer so far but need another one to be able to let me and my wife play at the same time. And I thought, how cool would that be if they had this on the Nintendo Wii Consule. Seeing as I have one and think it would be fun to be able to play it on there.

So does anyone know if that is possible or if they will be coming out with one soon? If so, any info on that would be very appreciated. Thank You. :)

I suppose most anything is possible.  But some things are nearly so.  A viewer for a Wii consol is one of those things.  Second Life is not a game (not like one you think it is anyway).  The entire SL world resides on remote servers and the only thing that resides on your computer is the "browser" (called a viewer) to view and interact with the world that is stored and delivered to you from a complex network of servers..........those servers connect you and everything around you with others and everything around them.  When you move all the data necessary for you to move somewhere is once again, delivered to you and everyone around you.  A Wii consol (or any game consol) does not have the ability to do that.  A consol delivers everything you see on your screen from your local computer (consol that contains fixed content).  A Wii (and any consul) has a specialized operating system that only other consuls  having the same operating system can utilitize (that's why Xbox games won't play on a Wii).

Believe me, it ain't gonna happen.........not now, not in the near future, and probably never.  Not the same design, can't be mofified to make it the same design.  Only a game resembling SL would be possible.............and it will lack one of the greatest features of SL.  That being user created content.

• 8 years later...

could always make a viewer for Wii  via the HomeBrew channel. here is the best guide i've found for building WiiBrews https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Devkitppc_setup_(Windows). if you don't have the skills for it you could always commission someone with the skills and knowledge to do it for you. from what i gathered it wouldn't be hard .... just a lot of programs and steps to do it properly. i would defiantly use it if someone developed one 😜

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.