How do I disable Friend Finder

Lorelei Mission

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Today I got an email from SL's "Friend Finder" which stated that I might want to be friends with ... and they gave me 5 avatars' names.

Question #1: The unsubscribe link seems to be the generic one to stop receiving all non-account emails from SL.  I do want to keep receiving all the emails but I don't want to get any more Friend Finder junkmail.  So what to do?

Question #2 - MUCH MORE IMPORTANT - How do I tell Second Life NOT TO SUGGEST MY AVATARS to other people via this Friend Finder program?  I did every keyword search I could think of, and found no instructions.

Thank you

5 answers to this question

You can set your privacy settings by logging in to https://my.secondlife.com/settings/privacy .  There, you can set any of three levels of privacy for access to information about your RL, your interests, your groups, your picks, and your profile itself:

Everyone means that the information is available to the whole Internet and can be picked up by search engines.

Second Life means that the information is available to all Second Life residents who are logged in to the website or inworld.
Friends means that only your Second Life friends can see the information.
The more restrictive you are in setting the level for each area on that page, the fewer people can see information about you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.