Unklebob! Where are you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Storm Clarence wrote:

I, too, have wondered what has become of Unk.  Maybe it is best to IM him inworld.  I would be imposing if I did as I only know Unk from the forum.

He is one of several voices missed.  

ETA I hope he is well and enjoying SL. 

Yes!  Maybe I will impose and IM him in world.  I also wish all is well with him too.  Sigh!  I miss his quick responses and great humor!  Unk Bob!  Please phone home!

Peace!

Venus Petrov wrote:

Hey Hippie!

There are many people who used to post on the GDF (and older versions) who have not posted here in a lonnng while (if ever).  I, too, miss Unk and others and I wish them well on their SL journeys.

Oh yes Venus!  Lots of missing faces here!  I also wish them well in the SL journeys!

Peace!

Keli Kyrie wrote:

I
t is sad that so many are missing. Some don't know what to do with all their extra time now and have turned to a 
. I wish they would come back so we could eat up all their time and keep them out of trouble. :smileytongue:

Oh yes Keli!  Sad indeed!  /me shouts "People come back!  We miss you!

Peace!

But not just him.  Where are they all?  

Okay, i know 2 got banned but they can't *all* be posting on those other forums, can they?  

I do miss the hustle bustle of the old GD.  Yes, it could get mean and bitchy and idk what all else, but it had a flavour.  These days it's so bland

squashy Beeswing wrote:

But not just him.  Where are they all?  

Okay, i know 2 got banned but they can't *all* be posting on those other forums, can they?  

I do miss the hustle bustle of the old GD.  Yes, it could get mean and bitchy and idk what all else, but it had a flavour.  These days it's so
bland

Yes Squashy!  Where are they all!  I agree!  The new forums are fun, but the old GD had a wild feel about it!  Like the wild wild west if you get my drift!  Far out!

Peace!

i believe because the old GD was so filled with dramas that some decided to move to other media maybe..i remember some saying they were in so many words..fed up hehehe

it was a hot house especially twards the end..

thats what happens with auto moderation bot forums i guess though hehehe

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i believe because the old GD was so filled with dramas that some decided to move to other media maybe..i remember some saying they were in so many words..fed up hehehe

it was a hot house especially twards the end..

thats what happens with auto moderation bot forums i guess though hehehe

Hi ya Ceka!  I agree!  It became  quite a "hot house", as you say, at the end of the old GD.  Is that what made it so fun!?  LOL!  I have no answers!

Peace!

i miss the old GD regulars too..

just a few hours ago i went to a place in rl to meet someone and the people there said that that person doesnt hang out anymore... that person moved to a different place..

i came to realize that people come and people go in life, and we have to enjoy them while they are avaliable, like you are right now Hippie.

i came to accept the painful truth that some people that leave our lives may not gonna come back, but its their choice of how much of themselves they are going to share with us..

also i decided to celebrate the new people that we have now, and the great people that is gonna come this year, the 2011 generation of forum posters.

old GD posters, if you lurk this, thank you for what you shared with us, you rock!

I also heard/read that a lot were hanging elsewhere in protest over something or other, though I am not too sure how effective a protest is if no one knows what you are protesting. It could have been the lack of a GD forum or the initial strict modding when this first came back, but I`m not really sure so don`t quote me on that one lol

It doesn`t take long to get comfortable in a different place, so its possible what started as a protest is now that they are all just settled elsewhere & not wanting to move again.

Canoro Philipp wrote:

i miss the old GD regulars too..

just a few hours ago i went to a place in rl to meet someone and the people there said that that person doesnt hang out anymore... that person moved to a different place..

i came to realize that people come and people go in life, and we have to enjoy them while they are avaliable, like you are right now Hippie.

i came to accept the painful truth that some people that leave our lives may not gonna come back, but its their choice of how much of themselves they are going to share with us..

also i decided to celebrate the new people that we have now, and the great people that is gonna come this year, the 2011 generation of forum posters.

old GD posters, if you lurk this, thank you for what you shared with us, you rock!

You are right my friend!  People come and go.  So now the new forums, with lots of good people, and new friends to meet!  Far out!

Peace!

Peewee Musytari wrote:

I also heard/read that a lot were hanging elsewhere in protest over something or other, though I am not too sure how effective a protest is if no one knows what you are protesting. It could have been the lack of a GD forum or the initial strict modding when this first came back, but I`m not really sure so don`t quote me on that one lol

It doesn`t take long to get comfortable in a different place, so its possible what started as a protest is now that they are all just settled elsewhere & not wanting to move again.

Oh yes Peewee!  I quite agree.  Sometimes it is hard to teach a old dog a new trick.  And these new forums just took some time to get used to. That's all!

Peace!

A month ago, I've been walking along the long corridor at my workplace, every morning....  and every morning I will see this gentleman walking pass by me from the opposite direction. His face reminded me of someone and it used to bug me for a while until I realised that he looked like Unklebob's RL picture in his Picks.

I thought of 'coughing' "Unklebob" at that guy and see if he responded but that would be weird... I mean what if he was really Unklebob? What'd I do?

.... I didn't know I also missed him that much.... :matte-motes-stress:

Willow Danube wrote:

A month ago, I've been walking along the long corridor at my workplace, every morning....  and every morning I will see this gentleman walking pass by me from the opposite direction. His face reminded me of someone and it used to bug me for a while until I realised that he looked like Unklebob's RL picture in his Picks.

I thought of 'coughing' "Unklebob" at that guy and see if he responded but that would be weird... I mean what if he was really Unklebob? What'd I do?

.... I didn't know I also missed him that much.... :matte-motes-stress:

Hi Willow!  I would not have been able to contain myself.  I would have blurted out "Hey ya Unk"  or something.  But then again I am always embarrassing myself!  Sigh!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

HI everyone!  Many of you know of a poster, here in the old GD and Forums named
Unklebob
!  I always enjoyed his posts, and humor. Where are you Uncle Bob!?  Are you lurking?  Give us a sign!  Would love to here from you!

Peace!

Hippie, I remember Unklebob posting that he was getting damned tired of having his threads AR'd for not being SL related and his thread postings really dropped off after that, at least in the GD. You're right, he was always funny if not hysterically funny as well as being a very friendly and nice poster.  He came up with some of the funniest pics ever. I actually copied the "Baywatch Canada" picture and still have it.

baywatch-canada-demotivational-poster-1254189924.jpg

He really should come back, the Forums are a better place now, and we even have a GD!

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.