I cant log in to my account.

Reena Zuta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my inventory wasnt letting me wear anything so i was gonna re log.

and now its not letting me sign back in it says

"unable to connect to the grid despite our best efforts something unexpected has gone wrong, please check secondlife.com/status to see if there is a known problem with the service."

so i checked and it said everything was running fine.

i tried 3 different viewers and my sister tried logging into hers and it still wouldnt work.

can anyone tell me whats wrong?

4 answers to this question

This error message may also tell you to contact support. Before you so so, try these steps:

1. Change your login location.
  2. During periods of high login activity (evenings and immediately after a new release of Second Life), this message may indicate that your login attempt has timed out. In this case, wait a few minutes, then try to log in again.
  3. Inspect your firewall settings (if you have a firewall) or consult with your network administrator
  4. Completely uninstall Second Life (including temporary cache files) and reinstall.

I have had exactly the same problem 2 weeks ago. It was an Internet connection issue. Check your router (unplug it and plug it again after a few seconds). Also if you use a wireless connection, use a regular cable instead. If the problem persists, contact your internet provider. You may have to get a new router and/or a new cable.

Inventory not loading, then not being able to log in due to a time out on three different viewers plus your sister not being able to log either indicates the problem is not anything to do with the viewers (the conincidence is just too great).  That problem with the inventory not loading before you had this problem says it's either something to do with your cache (though your sister's ability to log in would not be affected by your cache unless she's an alt of yours).  I could be a firewall problem but my question is what happened to cause the firewall to suddenly start blocking SL.........unless you crashed.

A couple questions.  Does your sister use the same computer as you with different user accounts or does she access SL with a different computer and you share the Internet connection via a router on a home network?  And, did you experience a system crash since your last successful log in to SL?  Meanwhile, try resetting your modem and router (if you have one on a home network).  Unplug the devices from their electrical source and leave them unplugged for 3 to 5 mins.  Plug them back and and wait till the lights settle into their normal blinking routine (about 30 seconds or so).  You might have to restart your computer to re-establish your Internet connection.  Try SL again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.