Sign in to follow this  
Daphne Schorr

Best gfx card for mesh?

My GTX 460 won't run mesh (or the latest LL viewer for that matter) due to tripping over the nvidia "error code: 8" bug...  Anyone have a recommendation on a card that will let me mesh it up??

So far I have found the ATI Radeon HD4800 series to be my favourite when it comes to rendering mesh, but that's just from personal use, I'm not too sure what the BEST card would be.

My 460s work ok. Maybe try some different drivers? Also, try updating your network drivers. I know it sounds unrelated, but something big changed networky wise at the beginning of the mesh beta. For me, new network drivers was the only fix that worked.

I have tried a couple of different sets of drivers, but haven't messed with network at all - thanks for the replies all - may pick up a Radeon just to see :)

I thought "A 460 can't run mesh???" There's no hope for anyone. I recently built anew with a 560ti. But it's ok... whew! Just a driver issue.