sex bed scripts in a sky box

Anna Drutman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

You may need to RESET SCRIPTS IN SELECTION.

You need to click on your bed like to edit and then find something that sounds like that "reset scripts". Different viewers have different paths. In mine it is BUILD> Scripts> Reset Scripts.

I think in some viewers it is under TOOLS.

Sure someone can give you exact path if you update your post to reflect your viewer. You can add information to your post by clicking in its upper right corner and selecting EDIT from the menu.

2 answers to this question

You may need to RESET SCRIPTS IN SELECTION.

You need to click on your bed like to edit and then find something that sounds like that "reset scripts". Different viewers have different paths. In mine it is BUILD> Scripts> Reset Scripts.

I think in some viewers it is under TOOLS.

Sure someone can give you exact path if you update your post to reflect your viewer. You can add information to your post by clicking in its upper right corner and selecting EDIT from the menu.

There is no height limit on scripts.  A script should continue running in an object that is rezzed or attached as you take it to a high altitude.  You should also be able to rez objects at any altitude up to 4096m, provided that your parcel allows scripts.  I cannot think of any reason why altitude should make a difference, therefore.

Just for the heck of it, though, try an experiment. 

1. Stand in your skybox at the exact spot where you want to put the bed. 

2. Look at the top of your screen and get the X,Y, Z coordinates of that spot. 

3. Now go to the ground and rez your bed at a spot that is directly under the place you just were (That is, at a spot where the X and Y coordinates are the same as you just wrote down in the skybox). 

4. Check to verify that it works properly, then sit on it and select the bed with your Edit tool. 

5. Go to the Object page in the Edit tool and enter the skybox Z coordinate in the top set of position boxes (not the lower set, which will change the size of your bed).

That process should shoot your bed immediately to the right spot in your skybox, with you on it.  And the bed's scripts just might still be working. If they are, don't ask me why.  The thing is, I'm guessing that if you take a working bed (not a copy) from the ground and put it in the skybox, it will still be working.  If it's not, then I don't know what Plan B is.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.