how can my friends see where i am all the time? and can i make it so they can't follow me around?

fjutte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

some of my friends seems to always know where i am and even if i'm not with them and i'm at some place I never been before.. suddently they just teleport them self to my place? how do they do that?? and can i do something so they cant follow me allover?

3 answers to this question

If you have it set so that they can see you on the map (an option when you add them as a friend), then they can see you whenever you are on SL and find you on the map. You can turn this off (but you would have had to turn it on in the first place).

There are scrips (huds usually) that will tell you when other avatars are on, and your viewer will tell you when your friends are on. But neither will say where you are. Some huds can be used to find avatars that are close to you (typically under 100m) which would also let them follow you to some extent. You can't really do anything about the HUDs or the viewer.

If they are following you after you teleport somewhere, either you are letting them (as I mentioned about see on the map) or they've got some sort of bug on you to tell them where you teleported to. However, you might also be predictable. May I suggest opening the big map and finding a sim you've never been to before and go there. Lots of mainland to choose from.

The first thing I would check is if I had checked the little box in my friends profile that allows them to see my location.

Secondly, the reality is if someone wants to know where you are there are many ways to do it because we are digital creatures in a digital environment so there really is no way to hide. If they are constantly doing this to you and it is becoming problematic, then they are no longer friends but stalkers and harassers. Block them and report them if that is your wish. Otherwise, just don't hang out with them anymore.

If, on the other hand, you like them and think they are really cool, ask them what's up, maybe they are just showing off or something.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.