I was threatened that i owed linden to someone and she'll report me at the end of the day.

InvestorDude2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Basically what happened was i was reselling land to someone and that person bought it and then i got introuble with the estate officer and the took her land back that i sold to her. Then today she came to me and said i owed her back which was true but i bought stuff without knowing that you weren't suppose to be reselling the land in the estate area i was in. So she threatened me if i don't owe her back her linden at the end of the day shes gonna report me and shes not giving me time to get it back.

I don't know what i'm gonna do because she black mailed me for something i had no control over after she bought the land i wasn't suppose to be selling. it was an accident and i didn't know. So i'm not sure how i'm gonna get this worked out. I offered her the items to resell back at someplace so she would get her linden back. She refused and was being rude and demanding then threaten to report me again. i don't know how i'm gonna work this out before the day is over.

Someone please help me! I'm in a panic right now!

4 answers to this question

Don't panic. You have to try to solve that both with this woman (refunding her) and the office manager (send them a notecard explaining you did something wrong not intentionally). You must be aware that Linden Labs do not get involved into resident-to-resident disputes. The only way to calm down things is to communicate as quietly and nicely as possible with these two persons telling them you were of good faith not knowing your rights (or in this case, the rights you had not).

Well InvestordDude2 (had to smile at that), it certainly sounds like you were in the wrong and need to fix things. Of course, you know by now to ALWAYS READ THE COVENANT before you buy land.

Edited:

I have no idea if Linden Labs will come down on your for this, it is unlikely. Unless things have changed recently, it takes awhile to process all the reports they get. In the meantime, it would be a very good idea to figure out how to get some Lindens to pay her back. For all practical purposes this "looks like" fraud even if it was unintentional. Make it right as soon as you can.

Ignorance doesn't work for an excuse for most folks, so hopefully it will all work out and you will be smarter next time.

Remember Linden dollars ARE real currency :D.

• Like 1

Almost all Estate land that you buy has a covenant restriction about reselling the land you purchased from the Estate owner.  The reasons should be pretty obvious in that the Estate owner is the one paying Linden Lab the tier, not any renters (you are renting the land from the Estate manager.........and that "purchase" price is nothing more than upfront money.  You didn't buy a thing).  If the Estate manager allows "resell" of the land (which is rare) he must clear any sale before you sell it.  Evidently you violated the Estate covenant.  It does not matter if you knew or not.......if it's in the covenant you agreed to it by purchasing and/or renting the land when you paid the Estate whatever you paid when you bought it.  If you are going ever be a successful "InvestorDude" you really need to get educated on how to invest before you start out on your "investment career".

Any AR filed against you will go no where.  This is resident to resident dispute and LL will not intervene or get involved unless fraud can be shown............and that's very difficult.  I wouldn't worry about that at all.  But, you do owe the person who, in good faith, paid you for land you did not have the right to sell.  No one can force you to refund the lindens but, if you are honest, you will.  It was your mistake and anyone with a lick of decency would accept the mistake and do whatever they could to 'make it right" again.

I see that this question is answered but I feel it is important to mention that it may be true that as a Policy, Linden Labs does not get involved with domestic Resident disputes when a violation of the Terms of Service or Community Standards has not occured. Instances involving L$ will be investigated. LL may not or may not act upon a Abuse Report but a record of the event will be stored and could possibly be used in any future incidences.  

If you don't have the cash, you could make a promise to pay. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.