L$ Fraud in my store , im not sure what i can do now , read for details .

Alexandra Barcelos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I saw some weird avatars with boxes on them in my store , when you clicked on them big prims rezzed .

When i asked if i could help them they teleported out of the region ... so i tought it was odd but dint think it was really that grave .

Then a client imed me saying she payed a 1700L skin and received a box with a script inside and sent it to me , and i never received that payment .

I teleported back in the store and edited my displays and saw that invisible prims where over my own and i wasnt the owner , and my sim as build disabled .

So i had to refund her 1700L and i payed the prim to see what it was at first so an other 1700L i lost loll .

Now my store is closed untill i can figure out a solution , and thats the reason im leaving this question :

What is this how did they rez this in my store and how can i prevent them from returning with alts an do it again ???

6 answers to this question

One immediate thing you can do is file an Abuse Report.  Take lots of pics, with transparent objects highlighted, and use your Edit tool to get the name of the creator and owner of the piracy prims.  Include all of that in your report.

Be double sure to set the parcel to No Build, so that they can't do it again.  Unfortunately, they can bring in bogus objects if they wear them and then drop them, so immediately ban the owner and creator of the objects.

You ought to be able to right click on any of the bogus prims and select Return to send them back to their owner, and you may be able to check Delete (although I doubt that).

• Like 3

If you report it with an abuse report, make sure you include your transaction history, from when you paid the box yourself. LL can find out wich other people logged in on the same computer's IP address, so they might be able to permanently ban him, and delete all his alts. Also they might be able to track down the creator and all former posessors of the script that was in the box, so you might want to give them the name of that script (in your inventory) too.

Other than reporting, don't allow building, set auto return to 1 minute, and don't allow scripts to other residents. And check the info in "about land" where you can actually see wich people own prims on that specific SIM. If you're the landowner, or have the right abilities, you can autoreturn all objects from people who shouldn't have objects on your shop parcel. Good luck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.