I cannot log in to second life due to an error.

SweetWestley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have tried using different computers in the household and now second life works fine. I can log in through any computer in the house but my own. I originally though this error was an IP ban, but seeing as how other computers work on the same IP perhaps that is not the issue.

"Login failed. Second life cannot be accessed from this computer. If you feel this was an error please contact support@secondlife.com"

I must assume its a problem with my computer that is preventing me from logging in, so how can i fix this problem?

3 answers to this question

That message is almost always due to an administrative block, either on your IP address or your computer's MAC address. If you have been banned or suspended, you should have received an e-mail explaining why.  Check all spam filters to see if you missed something.  It may be a temporary block while LL investigates some irregularity in your account, or it may simply be a mistake.  That does happen.  In any case, only LL can remove a block. If you believe that this is an error, submit a support ticket via the support portal. To help customer support determine what block has been placed and why, include in the ticket your Second Life account name and any other Second Life accounts that log in from your location.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.