Issues with llTextBox in Latest Viewer 2

Riendra Taselian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a HUD using llTextBox. I sent it to a friend to halp debug it. However, even using the latest version of V2 - same as I have - the text box does not show up for him. He sees the HUD with the initial buttons, sees the dialog box the button triggers, but does not see the text boxes the dialog triggers. It all shows up fine for me.

Has anyone else had this type of issues? Is this command not quite ready yet?

I've not heard of any problems with llTextBox, not that that means much.

However, when someone describes a situation in which a scripted object they've made works properly for them and not for anyone else, my immediate reaction is to suspect that something got set to respond to llGetOwner() in state_entry and never gets reset.

What's the code for presenting the text box you select in the dialog box?

llGetOwner() caveats...

• When the owner of an object changes, code that depends on this function's return value will not automatically update for the new owner or be automatically re-evaluated.
  • This requires the reregistration of listens and requesting of permissions from the new owner as needed.
  • This is not limited to listens and permissions but anything that caches the return value, it is up to the programmer to work around this limitation.
  • Detection of owner change can be achieved with the changed event in conjunction with the CHANGED_OWNER flag (see the second example) or by storing the old value and periodically (e.g. in on_rez) checking if it has changed. Both techniques are valid though the latter will not detect the sale of the object if it is sold with "sell original" in-world and not picked up.
  • When the object is deeded to a group, the UUID returned is that of the group.

You might want to include something like the following...

init(){    key owner = llGetOwner();} default{    state_entry()    {        init();     }     on_rez(integer start)    {        init();    }     changed(integer change)    {        if (change & CHANGED_OWNER)            init();    }}

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.