second life not responding then i cant close it i have to restart computer Help please

Adrien Chingseng

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

You don't have to restart your computer to get out of that  situation Adrian. Well not as long as all else fails. :)

I am using Vista just now. and I suggest you try a couple of these things that I explain when your Avatar freezes up on your screen. 

1. Try pressing your PC button to get back to your destop. then you can try to close Secondlife by right clicking on the SL viewer below and by closing the program.

2. press Ctrl + Alt + Del. This will interupt Second Life and will give you the opertunity to log out of your Computer account and relog back into it without restarting your  PC.

3. Press your PC button to see and get back to your desktop. Right click the  Taskbar on an empty  part of it and open your Task-Manager.  Once there, you can see in a short list, the SL Viewer that is started at the moment. Mark it and close it.

Do not try it on the other pages of the Task-Manager unless you really know what you are closing and Why. If you are not conversant whith the Task-Manager and are not sure about it 100%. Then please find out about it before you use it OK .Otherwise it  can mess things up a liitle bit. 

4. If you are using XP. Then try these same things as from 1  to  3. 

Phoenix seems to have this problem still. I experience a crash when I want to take a  snapshot mostly.

I  hop this is helpfull Adrien, and good  luck.

Launch SL and under the help menu at the log in screen you'll see "About Second Life".  Click it and copy the computer specs that the viewer reports..........paste it back here (no personally identificable information is listed).

Use the "Edit" option to add to your original post.  That information might help someone see what the problem might be that is causing your problem.  On the surface, without any more information, it appears to be a heat issue.  But there are other things that could be the source too.

This is a connection issue, most likely.

In this order, checking after each step to see if you have connectivity with SL

Try logging in somewhere here, anywhere will do.

http://slurl.com/

Your firewall should be set for "out bound only" for SL.

Disconnect all your wires to your router/modem let it stand unplugged for a minute then plug things back in again. Make sure you wait.

Reset your system clock. See "help and support" in Window 7 for system clock resetting.

Try to log in and use the network trouble shooter while you do. Again see 'help and support" in Window 7 if you haven't used it before.

You may wish to contact your ISP about it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.