"This profile has been disabled." Why?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have one friend who has not logged on in over four years, but whose profile is still available.  I have another who last logged on about two years ago and who, I feel certain, did not do anything that would have gotten her in trouble.  When I try to bring up her profile, I see, "This profile has been disabled."  Why are profiles disabled?

Hi, it is not always a ban for bad bahavior. Sometimes people cancel old accounts . Or somebody forgot to turn off premium renewal and their old credit card expired. If they changed email addresses or the reminder got caught by a broken spam filter, they might never have noticed.

Qie Niangao wrote:

Actually, any profile not set to show in Search now seems to display that "disabled" text.

(This was a cause of much short-lived excitement when some long-absent neighboring landowners turned up "disabled".)

That appears to have been an early bug, I cannot reproduce that now. It may have been separated from search results when the privacy options were expanded.

Qie Niangao wrote:

Actually, any profile not set to show in Search now seems to display that "disabled" text.

(This was a cause of much short-lived excitement when some long-absent neighboring landowners turned up "disabled".)

there is a different message in that case now... "disabled" means that LL has locked the account down, whether by owner cancellation, being put on hold, or banishment.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.