What can i buy with my lindens

Addielee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, " a few hundred lindens" to be honest isn't going to get you far... but in general you can buy hair, eyes, shapes, non-human avatars, skin, clothing, shoes, accessories, land, furniture, houses, plants/landscaping, toys, weapons, boats, cars, and all kinds of weird vehicles... there is an endles choice of things to buy (its part of what makes sl so addictive - /me laughs).  Check out some of the freebie blogs below and feel free to blow your lindens on something fun!  You don't have to spend alot of money too look good. Welcome to sl!

http://fabfree.wordpress.com/

http://slfreestyle.blogspot.com/

Great Question Addielee!

With a few hundred lindens you can get almost any kind of pet from me here :matte-motes-grin:

No need to buy food after (or anything else required for the pets life) so no extra costs for you down the road... I refuse to make the breedable kind of pets mentioned above :matte-motes-sick:

...or you could grab some of my partner's beautiful jewelry designs featured here.

...or billions of other items, Second Life has an almost endless supply of content! Kind of amazing really how many choices you have :matte-motes-oh-rly:

My advice: Don't spend those L$ until you see something in-world that you decide you really want. For now just keep exploring and having fun; before you know it you'll see something really cool, discover it's for sale, and you'll have a nice bit of dosh to buy it with.

Well for "a few hundred lindens" you can get quite a bit. It just needs you to be a careful shopper and to study marketplace for bargains.

I recommend that you buy a shoulder pet. They can be a lot of fun and cost about that much for a decent one. My carnation pink quaker parrot is very pretty and makes lots of entertaining noises. He is also copyable, so i can pop other parrots down in my house. I can talk through him as if he is using the chat box and the list goes on. Here is a link to this fine animal.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Animinimals-Carnation-Quaker-Parrot/2213904

Send some lindens to your fav hangout or the one's who are providing you your SL entertainment, because when the entertainment sims go down, there's nuttin' much to do but stand around in an empty sim looking cute or smexy to no one.

Since you're premium make a budget for entertainment and your avi.  Once you get your house furnished, your budget should be more freed up.  If you are fairly new and/or getting a house, yes a little bit is more geered towards getting the home and avi done at first, but then a budget should be made to help the entertainment end of SL. 

I view my budget this way:  1)  Rent (because I'm not premium) 2) Entertainment  3) Then my avi comes last. 

I don't care sometimes if I go dancing in a plain looking 1 L dress I got off Marketplace and no shoes; at least I have money to pay the entertainment end of SL because like I said if they go down, no more fun anyways.  I'd have just a bunch of clothes. 

ETA:  I opened and answered this thread before I opened the next thread, which the poster stated it costs $400 dollars a month to run his/her sim.  So yes, definately budget some of your money toward keeping SL entertainment alive.  Use the money to help your fav hangout/s. 

Since you have lindens to spend, you should use it on sales. This blog covers the most usual events like FiftyL fridays, The Dressing Room, project Theomery and many more. http://therumor.biz/

Let us say you need a skin. You can either buy one at The Dressing Room for 70L, or shoes who normally would cost 450 L. You can look like you spent 3000L instead of 400, 

Marianne Little wrote:

Since you have lindens to spend, you should use it on sales. This blog covers the most usual events like FiftyL fridays, The Dressing Room, project Theomery and many more. 

Let us say you need a skin. You can either buy one at The Dressing Room for 70L, or shoes who normally would cost 450 L. You can look like you spent 3000L instead of 400, 

^this :matte-motes-smitten:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.