Got bored & changed my display name finally!

WADE1 Jya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure how search works with display names but a Resident I could not find was using a display name. Same goes with the mini map, I'm not sure if the names shown are Resident names or Display names, mostly because idc. They are over there and I am over here is a good plan.

Using a display name to share a partner's surname is the best use of display name imo.

It shouldn't cause any major issues.

The latest search (in V2) will find display names no probelm (and also show the username). Not entirely sure about V1 search. All your creations will also show both your username and display name in edit mode so that people will still know who you are as creator.

I think it only really becomes a cause for confusion if you are changing your display name regularly, although even then your underlying username will never change.

Cool Suella! That's good to hear. I noticed my display name replacing most instances of my user name, on my creations, and nearly everywhere on Viewer 2.... and even on the Second Life site. Maybe forum name here changes soon too? Kinda exciting stuff :matte-motes-nerdy: haha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.