How can I return items to owners where the objects are not quite on my land?

Thomasine Guisse

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The items, one leaning toward my land but not centered so I can return it to the owner. I have received no reply to my messages and teleport offers so this person can retrieve the item.  I have autoreturn set on my land so anything that gets on my land by accident or intention, will be returned to its owners.  All the objects I can see are on abandoned land, near mine on Pitreavie.  This is mainland, owned by Governor Linden, so I'm guessing there are other items on abandoned mainlands so the prims, especially scripted ones. So does anyone from SL do periodic "sweeps" of mainland that has been abandoned and return lost or abandoned prims to the owners? Especially when some of the land has banlines surrounding it.

Many thanks for the help.

Thomasine Guisee

4 answers to this question

I suggest you create a support ticket noting the particulars and hope for the best.  If the adjacent land is owned by someone other than LL, you can contact the owner and ask that they deal with the intruding object.  The reason you cannot return it is because the object is actually sitting on the adjacent parcel (even when it appears to intrude over your parcel line).  The times I have had to do this, the adjacent owner has always been responsive to my request.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, when land is abandoned, LL don't automatically sweep up the area/return the prims to the previous owners/remove the ban lines. Venus is right, you need to submit a support ticket. LL will send someone out within a few days to remove the offending objects.

• Like 1

Depending on how much land you own a future solution may be to create a perimeter around your land by Subdividing a small strip of land on each side. The perimeter would allow object entry and essentially trap objects on your land, allowing you to return the object.

As mentioned, asking the object owner, adjacent land owner, or requesting Support from LL are excellent suggestions.

As have been said, you can not return objects than does not have their center on your land (yet).

If the item is on LL land, you have to file a ticket. Give clear information on what the problem is and where it is, and someone will clear the mess up pretty quickly. Also, equest that an autoreturn value be set on the land to prevent the problem in the future.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.