do you garden?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love your gardens, Valerie...and the fact that you wear diamonds while working in them! :smileywink:

Our garden is a work in progress, but it's coming along nicely I think. Here is a sunrise photo, taken right before I played with the fancy new settings and upset my computer very badly by doing so! :smileyvery-happy:

Snapshot_001.jpg

• Like 4

It's actually Tem's taste, and thank you!! He is the mastermind, I just push dirt around as directed. :smileyvery-happy:

The trees and flowers are from Garden of Dreams. I'm still working on a better way to do ground cover; I wish GoD sold what they use in their fields!

I had a wonderful indoor garden in my last rental home.  I wanted to try to create a magical indoor garden feel just to as you say "zen" relax; it was nice, I miss that indoor garden.  Now I have a two bedroom, two story rental home with a kitchen (those little kitchen items take up a lot of prims!, but it's kind of cute nonetheless). 

My dream would be to have land where I could buy that item on Marketplace called "The Secret Garden" taken from the book and the movies.  Perhaps one day I will have that Secret Garden, it just depends on where my SL will take me over the coming months and years. 

I love to design gardens, below pictures shows one of my latest projects I have developed a few weeks ago (luckely I could buy some more land on the mainland sim I am living on ....) in the middle there is a lounge club and the garden was designed around it, the garden is public and I invite anyone to taste my style of designing HERE .... please be welcome anytime *meows*

Snapshot_565.jpg

Snapshot_566.jpg

Snapshot_569.jpg

• Like 4

:smileyhappy: Dont you ever cut that grass Cio! I love your wild garden as it is. It looks so refreshing and calm. And, the way the shadows come on your lovely house is simply beautiful. It must be very relaxing to sit on that bench gazing at the flowers and the butterflies!

Such beautiful places you've all created!

I couldn't agree more about gardening and lanscaping to feel zen in SL.  Unfortunately I didn't get very good snapshots of the couple of gardens I've created, but I'll post what I have.  Both of the gardens are no longer there, so I'm glad I at least have these images. 

You can kind of see the overgrown garden in the background, it had a huge oak tree to sit beneath, an old greenhouse, as well as benches where we could sit and chat, read, or just watch the sunset over the ocean.  

Imbolc Ball_sized.jpg

One night I when I was out looking for a willow tree, I suddenly got a wild hair and wanted to create something with a fantasy theme. So I put this on our skybox patio. I wish I had an image that showed the fun little details sprinkled throughout the garden, but this shows the gist of it. You can see me lying on the hedge couch thingy, completely mesmerized by the twinkling lights. 

our patio_001.jpg

• Like 4

I am with Jojo. Those trees are absolutely lovely Parhelion! Your garden is a truly beautiful composition, so tasteful and elegant. And the Japanese gazebo on the second pic is ravishing.

@ Jojo, thanks! Yes the poppies photo was taken on my sim and this is my house. :smileyhappy:

Hi kryptic. You can easily upload images here in your answer. Click on the little tree icon above the text field. Select "browse" to choose an image from your hard drive (JPG or PNG files not heavier than 600 ko), then click "insert image": a thumbnail preview of your pic will appear. Click "post" and you're done! :smileyhappy:

ETA: For an unkown reason, I cannot access to your Facebook link...

Valerie, the angle that pic was taken, if I didn't know better I'd say it looked like a pic someone took of a real garden :-), the house looks very realistic. It invokes pleasant memories of my travels in the south of france. Love this thread by the way, there's a lot of beauty in SL and it's great seeing all the pics people have posted. 

• Like 1

Thank you Jo for your kind words. I am currently working to make my sim a realistic forest, grove and meadow landscape. The presence of a huge offsim landscape greatly adds to the decor. And, I could not imagine such a scene without some animal life in it! :smileyhappy:

deers.jpg

donkeys.jpg

offsim.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.