buying a new computer asking one more question to clarify

feugue1488303203

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I currently have a NVIDIA GEForce 8600M GS card on my HP Laptop. Since i wanted to buy a new laptop was wondering whether a 310M card from NIVIDIA is better ot a Geforce GT 520M card from NVIDIA is better. Im looking at not very fast speeds as my internet connection is 400 KBPS but i wanted to have something which will work with the new Code 2 Mesh which is going to be introduced

3 answers to this question

You'll find a notebook graphics card comparison website at this link:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

The 520M would be a better card than the 310M but try and get one better than either of those. The first Nvidia number is the series while the second and third number represents the quality of the card within that series, in each instance, higher is better but the second number is the most important. A GTX will also be better than a GT. GDDR5 memory is faster than GDDR3 as it opens two memory pages same time leading to faster rendering.

If you look at the Nvidia website product page here http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_family.html you'll see a list of notebook graphics cards. Starting at the right, the 315M is the lower entry card while the GTX580M would be in an expensive gaming notebook.

Edit: Don't forget a decent processor too!

• Like 2

@Val..LOL...sometimes I wish I had a Mac, especially at times when my Windows desktop manager including Aero decides to disappear never to be seen again just because I changed Windows view to Classic and back again a few weeks ago! Looks like a windows reinstall soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.