Will Linden Labs removed all my rezzed prims on the grid?

Sess Metaller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have basically created a viral script, it is rezzing prims, and those rezzed prims rez more prims themselves... Ugh it is slowly spreading from sim to sim so I am wondering if there is a way to remove all the prims and if LL can remove all my prims for me.

9 answers to this question

Well you have probably signed the end of your account. Contacting support would be the least and best you can do it seems.

Since land owners in the know can lock down their property so that griefing is almost impossible, I suspect that your actions will be less harmful than you expect  -- and for some property owners --  an eye opener. I can remember long ago when I didn't know anything about the land tools and options. It wasn't good.

So in some bizarre way you might be doing a service to folks. They will be pushed into learning how to protect themselves. That wasn't your intention I am sure, but possibly the result. Sometimes actions take strange turns.

Perhaps you will do better in another incarnation.

Sess Metaller wrote:

I have basically created a viral script, it is rezzing prims, and those rezzed prims rez more prims themselves... Ugh it is slowly spreading from sim to sim so I am wondering if there is a way to remove all the prims and if LL can remove all my prims for me.

LL will probably remove you from the grid. What on earth were you thinking?

<golf claps>  Very nice....  Haven't seen grey goo for quite some time.  

LL will probably appreciate the heads up.  I recommend saving any scripts you are fond of to text files (cut and paste 'em) and transfer any transerrable goodies that you can because your account is probably in deep doodie.

In the future... it is best to slip a "chat die" script into any experimental items or have a script that de-rezzes the prim if it moves to a region other than the one you are in.  Those two precautions have saved my bacon more than once I can tell you.

I wish you the best of luck with your new account.

You seem like a nice boy when I talk to you inworld. And if you're clever enough to script something, you could go far as long as you don't p1ss those talents up the wall.

What I can't understand, though, is why would anyone want to poke a stick into a wasp's nest?  You called the object what???

sess.jpg

What a nutcase. I, too, went inworld after typing my 'answer' to him and chatted with him. I also got into Live Chat (as he's not a premium member) and they were not helpful (figures). Anyway, I would guess he must be about 15 or at least have a brain that age.

He has got potential though. Like these hacker types always do. If they could only realise to channel their abilities into something legal and worthwhile that helps people rather than tees them off. They could make a stack of money and retire very rich at a young age!

Also, you gotta watch these teens - they like to set "bear traps" - they pretend they've got a problem and then you get boobie trapped by things when you land near to them (which is fun for me, because my ex-bloke always used to do stuff like that and I've become almost fire and bomb-proof)

Also, Sess asked me to contact Live Chat for him, but it was after 8pm and they were closed - needless to say. It doesn't help that LL have reduced support staff over the weekends - and the support is inconsistent in quality (unhelpful as you found) - another thing that seemed very fishy about the timing of Sess's "griefer attack".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.