Eyebrows deformed at log in.

LolitaFrance Anthony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been spending a lot of time in a certain sandbox, I log out there, and log in there. When I log in, I guess about 40% of the time, my eyebrows are jacked all the way up as high as they can go. If I try to fix them by editing my appearance, the Appearance screen comes up but is light grey, and I can't mod anything. The fix is to change bald caps, and that works until it happens again. Also I have a small amount of bald caps that I depend on, they are all about three years old and every last one of them are mod. I wonder, is it possible for another person in the sandbox to be causing this to happen, that they can deform my eyebrows only, or is the problem something else? The viewer I'm using is Phoenix.

Three nights ago I logged in to a new place and I followed the instructions.
Afterward when from what I could tell visually and from what I could tell via my Worn folder that there was nothing left on my av, only then did I use the Detach All option just in case.
I put on a top and some bottoms so I wasn't naked anymore.
Two days ago I logged in to a new place.
I cleared my cache.
Logged out then in to a new place.
Went to The Shelter and used one of those Stop Animation white post looking things.
Logged out then in to a new place.
Nothing along the way worked :-(

In the past year I've accepted only two things (a prim snake and a margarita looking glass) in the plain old person to person way, it happened about 8 months ago and those things were from the same person who I've known since 2008. They were worn the night I accepted them, and they've been in my inventory unused ever since. The man/my friend who gave those things to me never told me about any problems with anything, and I'm pretty sure I can count on him not to do anything messed up. And I know for sure I've only accepted two things because it's easy to remember. I have a tiny amount of friends in SL.

I get notices from my groups with stuff attached. Is it possible that there could be a bug planted in something that I'm accepting?

I wonder if the really old bald caps from 2008 that I'm using which over time I've modded like crazy, are somehow not working well with the updated viewers. But if that's the case, every single time I log in I should have the eyebrow problem I guess.

This probably isn't important at all but I'll add it anyway. It started while I was using viewer 2.0 (whatever the updated version was at the time), so I changed to Phoenix and it followed me there. 

This shows what I'm talking about. And in this picture, I even switched to an old pair of eyes that were already in my Inventory when I joined SL in 2008. I took this picture three nights ago after I put a top and some bottoms on (an old, and simple freebie outfit), but it can represent the whole time frame because nothing changed.

Snapshot_005.png

Update ~ 7-25-2011

If anybody ever does a search because they or somebody they know is having the same problem, and they find this posting, it's been about a week or maybe a bit longer than that since the problem stopped.

#1) I'm accepting only roughly 5% of group notices with attachments, and without attachments.

#2) I'm no longer wearing the old bald caps all from the same maker, and I'm wearing a newer bald cap from a different maker.

#3) I've stopped going to the sandbox I was using.

I'm not willing to go backwards now, to try and recreate the problem so I can offer the exact cause, not after everything I've been through. I feel lucky and happy that it's not happening anymore.

1 answer to this question

I am just guessing, but it sounds like a sort of animation? Like a surprised face type that lifts up your eyebrows?

Perhaps some one gave you some kind of expression changer?

I would log in somewhere else, completely remove every attachment, ao and hud I am wearing, and put on a new set of clothes. If it stops happening, I would try putting the other stuff back on one at a time and see what triggers the expression change, if that's what it is.

I could be completely wrong, that's just what it sounds like to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.