Sharing my land with my Alt

ExxoticHoney

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello I'm a newbie to this and I have a premium account with a Linden Home. I'm looking at buying a 1024 undeveloped land today and I want to be able to share it with my Alt accounts so they can set it to their home and move objects just like I would. Any idea on how to go about in doing this? I read other threads similar but I don't really understand them. :/ Would it cost more than if only I used it? Do certain territories have restrictions against this? Thanks any help is appreciated!

There are three ways to do this.

1.  Simply allow everyone to rez objects on the parcel.  This is risky, you could come home and find the place choked with **bleep** sculptures.

Form a group and invite your alt to join.  Then do one of the following.

2.  Set the land to Group while wearing your group tag.

3.  Deed the land to your Group and also donate sufficient tier to cover the tier cost.  Groups can own 10% more land at a given tier level than individuals so this may benefit you depending on the size of the parcel.

The above assumes the land is Mainland.  If it's on a private estate, just have you and your alt join the estate owner's land group.  Problem solved.

If you are going to create a group and deed the land to it, when your alt has joined the group, set it as an Owner of the group so that it has as much land control as your main av does. It can sometimes be more convenient that way.

NOTE: Groups must have at least 2 members or they will be deleted. It's not instant but it will happen soon after the group is left with only one member. So don't have your main av or your alt leave the group.

If you are going to create a group and deed the land to it, when your alt has joined the group, set it as an Owner of the group so that it has as much land control as your main av does. It can sometimes be more convenient that way.

Except in the case where you're trying to keep private the alt's relationship to you, because as I recall, it's impossible to hide membership in the Owner role from anyone who looks at the group.  This may not be a concern, of course.  (And I'm not 100% sure I remember that correctly anyway.  If it is correct, there must be some specific Ability that triggers the visibility, and I have no idea what that would be.)

More importantly, it may be worth considering whether to make that alt be a Premium account and contribute their free 512sq.m. tier to the group.  If I understand the plan correctly, it's to own a total of 1024sq.m., which would mean that a single premium account would have to pay for an additional 512sq.m. of tier, above their bonus 512, and that's US$5 per month.  An annual premium membership is only US$72/yr, or US$6/mo -- and it will generate L$300/wk in stipend, which at L$250/US$ is US$62.40/yr.  That means the net-of-stipend cost of an annual plan premium membership is only US$0.80/mo -- quite a bit less than that US$5 fee for additional tier.  (Even the quarterly plan works out to a cost of only US$2.30/mo net of stipend, so would still be a win over paying that first tier increment.)

[EDIT: Note that this is only about Mainland ownership.  On Estates, there's very little reason for either alt nor main account to be Premium.]

Cool.  If you are using mainland, you'll notice that you can own 10% more land under any given tier level when you deed the land to a group.  View this Knowledge Base article, and search within it for "10%" :

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.