How to Post Photographs into Threads...?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've searched the database for this info and came up empty handed.  I need to post something in the wanted section and I need to use photos as I don't use email at all. 

So, how do u post a photograph into a thread?

Also, it's a copywritten photograph with a watermark so can't be stolen, I just want to use the photo to give a creator a particular idea of what I'm looking for, but they would have to draw and color it, not use the photo itself.  So, is it okay to post a copywritten photo with a watermark... or do I need to set up an email account if something is copywritten?

So,

1)  How to post a photo?

2)  Is it okay to post an original photographic watermarked work that is not mine just to given a creator an idea, or do I need to set up an email to do that?  Or, if I can't post a copywritten photo in a thread, can I send it to their IM? 

3)  Can I even post a photo in an IM? 

the picture button on the toolbar is how you post a picture... it will let you select a picture from those you've already uploaded to the forum or one from your computer (if you stick an http address for the picture in the location box that will work too), works for PM's as well.

if the image is copyrighted, technically you can't post it at all (not that it stops most people), you could however just send the person a link to it.

Yes, that's true.  But I'm from the school of thought that anything and everything can (and will) be stolen, so the trick is to make sure it's not worth stealing in the first place.

The thing that comes to mind is when someone in SL passes me a (personal?) photograph with all sorts of copy/mod restrictions in place and they think it's "protected".  :smileyvery-happy:

oh, okay, found it... it's an icon that looks like a tree.

Yeah as far as copyrighted, I also thought I could send a link, but the watermark is over the faces, so the photo would just be used as an idea to draw something, and to draw something not exactly the way the photo looks, but just to use it as an idea as the idea I have still needs to be done in 3d with some prims, etc.  Couldn't use the photo alone for anything.  Yeah, I could draw it possibly, but not make it 3D nor do I know how to do prims. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.