You want gloves? No, have scarves!

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I go into the marketplace. I say "Hey, since in-world search is terrible, maybe I can look here for what I want."

So, I type "black gloves" into search, and I hit Enter. I see that I got a lot of matches, so I narrow it down to the gloves section.

Now I'm looking at pink scarves and blue beanie hats and red boots...

WTF? I double check. "black gloves" is still the search term. Apparently I don't REALLY want black gloves, I want pink scarves.

Nice, LL. My ten year old niece can set up a good search engine on her blog, but you can't, with all your resources, make one for your website?

Hello, maybe it is not all about a borked search engine. Some merchants find it funny to just copy/paste a list of keywords to their products.

I had one item removed with 5! keywords where one was naming the dress-style and that was considered as keyword-spam :smileysurprised:

Monti

Monti Messmer wrote:

Hello, maybe it is not all about a borked search engine. Some merchants find it funny to just copy/paste a list of keywords to their products.

I had one item removed with 5! keywords where one was naming the dress-style and that was considered as keyword-spam :smileysurprised:

Monti

That was my first thought, and I was gonna start flagging them, but when I opened the link, I didn't see any of that keyword spam.

It's entirely LL failure at work here.

Hi, yes the marketplace is polluted with terrible keyword use but this time it is a combination of two issues.

The first half of the problem is that Marketplace has single category for "Hats, Glove and Scarves". The second half is that category names are indexed with the keywords, so if we search for "gloves" in the "Hats, Gloves and Scarves" category, the marketplace returns almost every item in that category!! A few are missing, but that could be from flagged items.

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Hi, yes the marketplace is polluted with terrible keyword use but this time it is a combination of two issues.

The first half of the problem is that Marketplace has single category for "Hats, Glove and Scarves". The second half is that category names are indexed with the keywords, so if we search for "gloves" in the "Hats, Gloves and Scarves" category, the marketplace returns almost every item in that category!! A few are missing, but that could be from flagged items.

Precisely. It's an absolutely terrible system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.