Need to keep camera directly behind me as i rotate

chriz Breck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Right so currently as i rotate the camera either starts the turn early or lags behind so to be 'smooth'. However I need the camera to stay directly behind me. Not lag behind, not lead but rotate when I do and how I do. Currently if you rotate to quickly the camera stops because well you are coming back around so why rotate?

Im sure there is an attachment or script or something. Thanks for the help!

Update: What im looking for is a way of keeping the camera locked in a position relative to my back. So as i pivot it rotates exactly with the pivot. The default cam gives some leway allowing the camera to fall behind a bit and then catch up. Not lag as in connection issues.

Update Update: Its hard to explain but the debug setting worked thanks.

2 answers to this question

I'm not following what the problem is.  Are you talking about when your camera is in the default position directly behind you and slightly above your head and you turn the camera lags or leads the direction you are turning?  If so, that usually attributed to lag.  No script is going to fix that...........it might worsen it, in fact.

Like Peggy, I may have misunderstood what the problem is, but here's my suggestion.

There is a debug setting that affect how smooth the camera starts and stops. I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct one, but try changing this one: CameraPositionSmoothing. Set it to 0 to see if it helps.

- Luc -

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.