ALL music sounds terrible!

PolythenePam Placebo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I did nothing different and I've tried EVERYING already suggested on the posts I've read. rebooted, reduced my lag.  Settled down my graphics..  etc etc. My sounds still sounds skippy and scratchy. EVERY where I go in SL, so, no, it's not just my stream..

HELPPP!!!!!

Since I can't figure out how to reply on this page.. here's what happened: The latest round of Microsoft Automatic Updates imposed upon me by M$, seemed to have updated sound card driver hardward. Thus causing me some media hardward conflicts.. ah HA! I had to perform a system restore in order to solve the problem. Naturally I have disabled Microsoft Automatic Updates, and I will pick and chose what I want downloaded onto my computer from now on. tyvm M$. Thank you for all your kind suggestions, however this turned out to NOT be a SL issued but a computer issue.

3 answers to this question

As others may have suggested,

Try visiting an empty Region where media is playing. Lower performance settings for the test. Open your Statistics Page to monitor "what" is going on.

On your end, check your firewall settings, perform a Speed Test/ allowed bandwidth.

V2 installation required that I update my drivers, I suspect that each new change or tweak made by LL or other Viewer developers will effect compatibility across many untested platforms requiring a driver update and in some instances a hardware update.

• Like 1

I'm with Knowl on this. It sounds like some sort of connection issue. Do you have enough bandwidth available to do everything you want it to? Have you tried shutting down all unnecessary processes on your pc before connection to SL and start the stream?

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4669 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.