my viewer isn't working.

Phaethusa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

every time i start it up, the little box that comes up runs through all the startup messages up to "Initializing VFS" then freezes. i've uninstalled it, deleted all the associated files and folders, and re-installed it, and it's still not working.

5 answers to this question

You may need to do a manual cache clear.

Note that you will no longer have any chat logs, which is no big deal but if you want to keep them, make copies of them before the cache clear.

To clear cache first enable view hidden folders by going to your control panel, folder options, view, show hidden files and folders.

Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife and delete the contents of that folder.

Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\SecondLife and delete the contents of that folder.

Go back to control panel, folder options, view, don't show hidden files and folders.

Restart your computer.

Open your inventory recent tab and wait for it to stop fetching.

• Like 1

You're not overlooking anything. When many people say "manual clear cache", though, they mean a slightly simpler process that doesn't necessarily involve deleting both of the files that you mentioned, and that are mentioned at the link I included. ( See >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clear_Cache , for example). I was just emphasizing the point that you are correctly expecting the OP to do more than a "usual" manual clearing of cache.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.