My skin and clothing wont load

Kibacoin Waffle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried every tipp from the topics since yesterday. 

Nothing Helps me,

My skin is the most time invisible sometimes its crashed rainbow colours.

I make character test ect... but nothing works Please help me

My Laptop is from Packard Bell

EasyNote TK85

Intel Core i5 CPU M 480 2.67GHz

Nvidia GeForce GT 540M 1GB Vram 

4GB Ram

64 OS

Normaly It works since I cleared the cache none viewer shows my skin.

I use normaly Singularity.

I test Phoenix, Imprudence and Emergence every viewer the same... 

3 answers to this question

Crashing rainbow colors does not sound good.  Before I suggest one obvious and serious possibility -- overheating -- let's explore a bit.  What viewer are you using?  What sort of computer?

You can add details to your post by clicking on the Options link in its upper rightg corner and selecting EDIT.

OK....  Here are a couple of things to try.  First, open Preferences >> Graphics, and click on the Hardware Options button (or whatever it's called in your viewer.  The name varies from one viewer to another, but the function is there.)  You'll see two settings worth changing.  One is Enable OpenGL Vertex Buffer Objects (VBO).  Try turning it OFF.  The other is Use HTTP Textures. Try turning it OFF too.  (In LL's V2 viewer, this option is not in Preferences.  Look for it in the Develop menu (CTRL+Alt + Q) >> HTTP Textures ).  

You don't necessarily need to turn both of those settings off.  Try one at a time.  Log out of SL and then relog when you make a change. The way your own system handles VBO and HTTP textures may be very different from the way someone else's does, so these changes might make a great diference and solve your problem --- or they might do nothing at all.  It can't hurt to try, though.

If these don't work --- then I really am afraid of the possibility that your laptop is overheating.  It's a chronic problem with laptops in SL.  Do everything you can to get good air circulation around and under it, and try using a can or air to blow dust out of it.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4674 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.