How much did you spend on your avatar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Over the past 6 years I'd have to say well over 100k between clothes, hair, shoes, skins, skins, skins.  I bought my first skin from X2 which at the time was the best for 5k but since then, I've bought many others.

However, my income from my sims, SexGen and my lighting company allows me to be far more extravagant than I am in RL, though I am a bit extravagant there too.

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

I probably spend an average of L$600 per week.  I been in SL for over 3 years.  I still expect to spend about L$100 to L$300 this weekend.  Spending isn't a past-tense thing for me.  I haven't stopped yet. (
^_^
)y

Amen.

I'm happy with my shape and skin, but that doesn't limit RL-like deviations such as changes in wardrobe, hairstyles and makeup.  There are a whole lot of excuses for dressing up in SL and $10-12 US a month isn't outrageous to keep your look updated.

i don't change a lot ..i upgrade a real lot  hehehe

if you were talking about since we got here..bleh..i don't even want to know how much i have spent..

it's nothing to spend $250 on a shopping spree..especially with the market place..

in world used to slow my spending on stuff..now it's like online shopping  for my avatar from her home..

it used to be that when i found something  good in a store and then ported there that  i would just start clicking and sort stuff out at the house later..there was always one or two items i could keep in an outfit that went with something i had..

now i'm a bit more picky because there is so much more to choose from..much more good artists..

there was one point where i was probably avg about $1500 a month  on shopping..then actually got to the point that it got hard to find anything i didn't already have..

so it's slowed down a lot..

now i'm just trying to get rid of the older outdated stuff..

i would probably quit sl if i ever sat down and figured out my grand total lol

Oh I sort of get this retail therapy thing.

It must be a girl thing, but sometimes I get this complete utter determination to spend 2k....anything to make me feel good

Usually I end up with something really really horrible that I toss in the 'inventory' never to see the light of day again ;(

I can only estimate using how much real life money I've put into SL over the 5 1/2 years I've been a resident.  I spend next to nothing on scripts or poses for anything other than my avatar.  I've made one purchase of land (First Land back when it was available) and no tier (ever).  Adding up all the stipends for 5 1/2 years plus the lindens I've purchased over the years, minus things like that land purchase and lindens I've donated to my alt.  Finally deducting the lindens I have in my account right now I come up with a little over 112,000 lindens spent since day one.  That's a little less than $450 real money for 5 1/2 years..........not bad for entertainment at all (less than $100 per year).  Even at double that 112 K lindens it's still a bargain.

I spent the first year or so in sl as a female, and mostly used freebie skins, made my own shape and was thrifty with clothes. Then I decided to upgrade and bought a a skin package from Pulse and a shape package from alady that came with I think 600 shapes, all the shapes in the store. It was only 750L how could I pass it up lol. I would say have about 5K in female stuff including outfits, maybe more. When I switched to a male I wasn't quite so frugal, I think I spent around 6 or 7K in one shopping spree getting my skin, shape, hair, eyes and AO. Not sure how much I have spent on clothes, and I am not sure I really want to know lol. I do have a lot of avis though, like dragons, a cute little chipmonk, a couple knight outfits, a fully rigged Navatar avi and a butterfy. Stuff like that.

I am not even going to guess at what I have spent on toys and the what not. I have several swords, vehicles and just plain goofy stuff. I think at the most I have probably put maybe 50 US real dollars into sl, and I don't take money out. And most of that was to buy tools to help me build like sculpt studio.

I tend to spend most of my money on other people. I spoil my SL girlfriend rotten and think nothing of spending thousands of lindens on her. Even though she doesn't ask me too. I buy other people toys and stuff too. If I see something I think someone will like I just send it to them via the market place. I like to keep a balance of at least around 5KL once I get to around 10K I go on a shopping spree. I really don't buy much for myself anymore. I have about everything I could ever want. And I work for one of the top SL vehicle makers so I don't have to pay for cars. And I pretty much wear the same outfit all the time so I don't buy many clothes for myself anymore.

I don't know, but it has to be at least L$50,000.  I keep seeing clothes, hair, and jewelery that I love, so I buy them.  Very occasionally, every couple of years, I see a skin that I think is prettier than mine, so I have to have a new skin.  And, of course, when tattoo layer makeup became available, I needed dozens so I wouldn't be boring.

Etc.!

Very little. I make my clothes, that is one of the fun things in SL. But I do spend L$ to upload textures that I make in GIMP. I have bought about L$1000 in jewlery, a couple of shapes, and a couple of skins. That was a couple of years ago, but now the only L$ I spend is to upload textures. But I do that several times a week for underwear and dresses (shirts or jackets and skirts).

Of course, how much I spend on my RL computer to log onto SL is another story!

The av I'm wearing right now? Something like...

skin:L$900

eyes:L$50

shape: free, my own work

hair:free from the library - I wanted a particular look for a theme

outfit:L$150

accessories:  L$250 including shoes

I'm also wearing the hose from another outfit, which probably cost around L$200, and the hair tattoo from another style, probably about L$200 too. So in the region of L$1800.

My av standing ready to dress would have about L$1400 worth of skin, hair, eyes & tatts. Depending on where I'm going and how I'm feeling, I could be wearing as much again in clothing and shoes. There's probably a few hundred L$ in AO, too, so I probably average close to L$3000-worth at any given time. Of course, it's rarely the *same* L$3000 at any one time; I've been spending steadily in SL for nearly 5 years, and there's no sign I'm going to stop.

I spend 45000 L a month on my avatar 

Most is made in SL from DJing gigs though so all is good butyou can scrap 3000 L for rent so about 42 000L and if you want to know how this is possible.

I own every item from every store that I go to.... gothicat, avid, razorblade jacket etc... 

I see that despite everyone declaring the OP nothing but a spammer we're all still responding to her threads. ;)

So maybe an interesting spammer is not a fully bad thing.

I've spent way too much on my avatars. And with a full set of alts... it gets high.

Each alt has an AO (300-650L), 1 or more furry avatars (one I think is up to 5) at about 800-1000L/each. Hair (exactly 175L - I always buy from Jonah Dreads and his prices are predictable and each AV has usually just 1 hair, unless I needed more to fit a different furry or human head).

Now add in stacks of clothes - Sometimes the same outfit bought a couple times for different alts (even if transfer, I prefer to just have a copy in the folder).

And then we can hit things like vehicles, dance huds, and so on.

And a few of them have human skins that can work with whatever they are.

Probably spent a few hundred US$'s on my AVs.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I see that despite everyone declaring the OP nothing but a spammer we're all still responding to her threads.
;)

I decided to wait and see if it was going to be another tag team session. since it wasn't and there was some interest in the topic I figured what the hell. regardless of what I personally think of the previous threads, I don't see them being actionable so awareness is plenty good enough. but yes, I imagine some of us are still considering that.

personally I'll never buy anything from someone that advertises in a forum, and I block their ad banners from showing.

I haven't spent much on my avatar over the years.  I make most of my clothes and shoes.  I have several freebie pairs of jeans.  I did my own hairstyles and made my own jewellery.  The reason I did  my own hair is so that I could have loose hair, ponytail, plaits and bun that all looked like they were the same hair done differently.

I started doing a skin, and could probably have made a reasonable one but I happened to find one more or less the same as what I was planning to make so I bought that instead for about L$1200.  I also bought a 'painted on' hairbase and I bought my AO.  The reasons I originally wanted to make a skin myself was 1) To see if I could do a reasonable job. 2) So I could look the exactly same in OpenSim as in SL and 3) if it was good enough, I could sell copies.   There are various make-up combinations that came with the skin I bought, but I only use two of them - one natural looking and one for use with exotic or dance costumes. 

I'm happy with the way I look.  I don't change the basic 'me' unless I find something that is less of a compromise than what I already have.  For example, if they make hair that's more flexi and non-phantom, I'd change to that so it doesn't disappear into mys skin!.

Not counting dance animations, I guess I've spent no more than L$10,000 on my avatar or clothing in nearly 5 years.

Wow. I spent probably $400 U.S. within the first month or so of joining in '07, on clothes, land, a starter house, and a bunch of other stuff. Then I bought out most of Kazami North sim so I could combine it and build my dream home and grounds and by the time I finished doing that I had probably spent another $1500 U.S. between land, home, and landscaping (tools, trees, bridges, fences, hedges, sound orbs, animals, etc).

For my custom skin and shape, with all variations on skin tone, makeup, body dimensions, plus the .psd for the skins and a promise of exclusivity, I paid 30k lindens.

I can't even estimate what I've spent since then. That was all in the first two years, but if I had to try and total everything, I'm sure I've spent upwards of $5000 U.S.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4670 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.