The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok, lets add a system that filters out the groups and picks based on the maturity ratings that they already have, and we are going to use the word filter from the forums to add a bleep to the adult words it finds in the profiles..

mm.. now residents are complaining that some words are not adult, like lolita (its a fashion) and **bleep** (its a rooster)...

Eureka! we could have the banned words system applied unless someone has a good reason to have that word and we deactivate the filter personally for each resident, and also we could add an Abuse Report so the resident tell us if theres any profile that have that word in an adult context... this is gonna be great

Instead of filters, (wasteful programming) that give little choice they could use options. We have the option to show profile in search in our SL profiles so add one to view web profile which by default is unchecked. If we choose to check it off in our SL profile everyone can then click to view it, done.

Well not done, barely started actually. Why do we have three different web pages? The web profile, the about avatar web page and the dash board could all be . . . utilized to remove the social media clutter from the viewer allowing the viewer to once again be a viewer to view and interact with the virtual world and others in it.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Lets pretend LL is a person. 

--------------

some users say they need to find ALL the users in search and they can't if they can't access that maturity level

There is no need to pretend, the United States Supreme Court has already ruled that Corporations are "persons".

Why do some users "need" to find ALL Residents? What message is so important that you must contact me? Please do enlighten me.

Knowl Paine wrote:

Why do some users "need" to find ALL Residents? What message is so important that you must contact me? Please do enlighten me.

Abuse reporting is the only valid reason to ever be able to find someone who does not want to be found. So if you just enable the ability to see who made something or who owns something or who said something...

- you're good to go.

And I'm pretty sure you don't even need profiles for any of that.

"Why do some users "need" to find ALL Residents? What message is so important that you must contact me? Please do enlighten me."

The other day, a resident rented an apartment from me.  I went to Search to find her and send her a welcoming IM and to invite her to the land group.  "Resident Not Found".

That's why.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Lets pretend LL is a person.  What's might they be thinking over time about profiles?  Imagine (revised with your input)

--------------

.... SL is really amazing... we need to spread the word but there's no money

if we focused on the quality of service rather than the quantity of sparkley new features.. yeah, back to basics, improve the good stuff we have, make it better, bigger! 

.... wow, this profile is so cute, that photo of the little bunnies in the pen, I wish everyone could see this stuff

.... we have all the profiles on the web now but it's like no one knows.... we should do something

... eureka! we'll relaunch profiles on the web... we'll call them 'web profiles'... and well make them bigger... everything should be bigger

.... this is gonna be great

o.O
, some users don't want their profiles out there... was there b4 so what's the diff?.... hmmm, some of them do have adultish stuff.  gotta do something

.... eureka! we'll let anyone opt out of web profiles.  solved.

... this is gonna be great

o.O
, some users say they need to find ALL the users in search and they can't if they opted out of web profiles.  gotta do something

... eureka! we'll FORCE everyone back IN to web profiles & give them options on all the pieces so those can be OUT or IN.

I wonder if the dash board could all be . . . utilized to remove the social media clutter from the viewer allowing the viewer to once again be a viewer to view and interact with the virtual world and others in it... not now.. too sparkly.. back to basics

... hmmm... we have the web profiles but it's like no one knows... we should do something

... eureka! we'll make them bigger... everything should be bigger.  we'll add more pages.. there could be action shots... bunnies in a pen or on a meadow... wait a min... that darn adultish stuff could be a problem... LOL, not gonna make that mistake again... gotta do something

... eureka! we'll maturity rate the profiles.  haha! solved.

.. we can let the users set their own rating.. yeah..and set up a community review panel... cross platform consistency... later.. after we push out the basics

o.O
, some users say they need to find ALL the users in search and they can't if they can't access that maturity level

why do they say ALL ... do they mean ANY?.... why are they never happy, a tiny minority of users are such a pain

... wait a min... did we make that mistake again?... darn it.... gotta do something

...  we'll tell them in search that they can't access that profile because the user has content included they can't see...maybe not... if they can't access the profile we'll hand them a dialog box that allows them to drop a note card on the user, AR them or start an IM. ... still kinda awkward... simple basic quality that's bigger...

eureka! We'll enable residents to see all profiles, but without the parts that don't match their maturity preference or restriction. Simply hide pictures, texts and picks as necessary.
  haha.. getting ahead of the problems this time.

-----------------

Thank you all for your input.

... wait a minute. We could just spam everyone's emails with cute pictures of bunnies in pens and forget about all this sh*t.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4673 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.